Seventeen

|| Delirious P.O.V ||

The front door slammed shut, and it immediately grabbed our attention. It felt strange, it didn't seem to have happened naturally since there was no wind to push the door in place. It made the both of us feel uneasy, like we were being watched. I didn't want to wait any longer to find out the cause of this. "We're leaving" i said. I looked at Sly once again while she was standing next to me, just a bit smaller but that didn't make her any less great to look at.

She noticed me staring at her, a light blush on her cheeks and her soft hands wrapped around my arm again like they had done before, i noticed that it was something she liked to do to give herself comfort but hell who am i to say that i didn't enjoy it.

Our small moment got disturbed as my ears picked up the noise of unwanted footsteps, neither of us dared to move until we knew who or what was making the sound. And with every second passing the footsteps got louder. Closing the space between us and them.

The footsteps stopped and someone spoke "Look at these two love birds." And it was followed with a snicker, out of the corner of my eye a figure appeared in the hallway. "Would be a shame if something bad happened to them" we heard another voice and this time and it came from the right.

The loudest footsteps came and stopped behind us. Showing us that we were surrounded, the only way out was right in front of us. But could we risk it, so far i couldn't see any weapons which was a good sign.

"Take what you want and leave us." I spat at them as i straightened my back. You don't scare me. More snickering came from the guy on the left "Well well, look who is willing to share. All we want is the girl." He sounded familiar but i couldn't place my finger on where i had heard this voice before but it didn't matter. He'll be dead soon.

They mentioned Sly which sparked a little flame in me, Cartoonz was right. They already made their move to get her. I cracked my neck, i was glad. I havent had a challenge in a while
"You want her?" I held up my nose and laughed.

"Try me."

Swiftly i turned myself around and grabbed the gun located in my pocket, with no hesitation i shot the male on the stairs trough his leg, he tumbled forewords and desperately wrapped himself on to the bleeding wound. Thats one.

The other two were distracted which gave me enough time to bust open the door. "We'd love to stay longer but we have to bounce!" I taunted at the remaining two guys, together me and Sly made a run for it. There we were running hand in hand through the streets of Los Santos at 6 in the morning.

We ran as fast as we could, my lungs and legs protesting heavily, i was still tired and got little to no energy from the 3 hours of sleep. My brain tried its best to get us to a safer place but also that part let me down more than it should.
Left, right, left again then straight. But i couldn't seem to recall where to go, everything was going too quick. We did not stop for a second knowing they would catch up directly.

I didn't want to risk our lives in a fight but there was no other choice for us as there flew a bullet straight past my ear. They would kill us before we were even out of sight. Suddenly a hard tug from Sly dragged me down into an alleyway. I frowned at the choice since it was a dead end, someone has a death wish.

"What are you doing, there is no way out here" I hissed at her clearly annoyed, she did not say a word she just pointed at a large wooden plank next to the dumpster. Quickly we hid behind the stinking container and she moved the plank aside. It revealed a small hole. It seemed like it could be used as hiding place but also as back up place. I praid to everything that there were weapons in there. I couldn't see where it ended or where it would go but at least we had an escape plan.

There was still a problem since there was no way she could crawl trough the hole fast enough without letting them know. I had to buy more time for her. I stood up behind the dumpster and cocked the gun, aiming at the closest guy in front of me i shot him right in his ribs and he howled in pain falling to the ground. With a swift move the other guy aimed his own gun at me and shot. The all too familiar ring in my ears and i could feel the bullet piercing the shoulder i was holding the gun with. The pain weighed heavily on me, i felt dizzy and thinking straight was not possible.

I groaned and dropped the gun which bounced on my foot and slid out of reach. I put my other hand against the wound to help the bleeding but it did very little. I cursed and quickly ducked to dodge any other bullets coming at me, i stretched out my non injured arm to reach for my gun, only my fingertip just touched the back of the gun before another sharp pain went trough my already wounded arm.

This motherfucker was stepping on my arm with his gigantic mountain boots.

"That's why you were so slow" i snorted as i looked at his boots, which on his part he only put more weight on my arm making me yell. I put my other hand on his ankle trying to lift the weight off
"Alright alright, sensitive aren't you?"

I felt the weight of his body shifting to his foot, it got so heavy i felt the muscles and bones in my lower arm almost breaking. The pain and the exhaustion got me close to passing out, i tried to kick him and reach him with my feet but i couldn't do a goddamn thing.

"Hey!" Sly's voice came from behind me, my heart raced in my chest. I thought she was already gone crawling through the hole to safety. "No!" I yelled at her, i was mad. She shouldn't show her face. Her is exactly what they want, and the one i don't want to lose. But with this Sly had grabbed his attention which she clearly wanted but yet he did not leave me or my arm alone. He just grinned at her as i started to groan in pain.

I looked back at Sly, she was just standing there in the open for what seemed like forever. Waiting to get shot huh? But my thoughts changed when something shiny in her hand met my eyes, i couldn't see what exactly it was and hoped he couldn't either. Meanwhile my arm was throbbing, it felt like it would rip right off but there was no more weight added. I might get out of it without any broken bones.

"That's cute, trying to save an already dead man." He said to her as he pointed his gun at the side of my head and crouched down. I felt the cold metal touch my skin. The adrenaline i felt at that moment, i had missed that.

He spoke: "After i kill you, she's going to get a much slower and more painful death." The smell of cigars that came out of his mouth made me pull up my nose, i grinned at him. "She's nothing worth to you dead" the reaction only made him angrier and he punched me right in the jaw. "Fuck, you fucking asshole" i spat out the excess blood in my mouth.

"Oh yeah? If you think that's cute, then you must find this adorable." She said as he was distracted by me again. He looked up and as quick as she could be she held the shiny object in two fingers and threw it right at him.
It certainly did damage as it landed straight into his left eye, making it bleed and him scream like all hell. He stepped off my arm and reached his hands to the object in his eye.

I took my one and only chance and reached for my gun again. And this time i got a hold of it. I aimed once more at the man in front of me and shot him right between his eyes.