Twenty one

[Read if you're interested in where i have been, if not, please enjoy this chapter!: Hello there. Its been a long while hasn't it? I really didn't mean to put this story on hold for so long, i really want to finish it. But i got sick and was in the hospital for a while, nothing scary or major but it put me behind on college work and it drained me from my creativity. I was so tired all the time and had no idea where i wanted this story to go. Now after more than a year i decided to pick it up, i have fresh new ideas and I'm excited to share them with you. Thank you for the continued support and messages i do read them all! Enjoy!]

|| Sly's POV ||

Waking up this morning really wasn't easy, i wanted to turn around and drift away for just a bit longer or actually the whole day. Sadly the bright Los Santos sun shining trough the blinds of the room didn't let me. I stretched out on the bed and remained in the same position for a couple of minutes. Nothing much was going on in my head and i felt, at peace. As much as i enjoyed the quiet i also missed his warm body taking up a lot of space beside me.

A  knock on the door made me immediately get up. I opened the door to see Wildcat on the other side. "Mornin," was the first thing he said and leaned on the door frame "Why arent you ready yet?'" he asked as his eyes went across the room like he was expecting to find someone or somebody. When he turned his gaze back to me a worried look fell on my face. "I will be ready in a second" Wildcat nodded but stayed in the same position as he had arrived, it made me laugh a bit. "Excuse me but you need to move" i gently pushed him out of the door and closed it.

Once i turned back around to face my room an unwanted stench reached my nose, blood. The stench came from the bed. I inspected it closer and it was on the side Delirious had been laying. His wound, shit! How could i have been so selfish to leave him with a bullet in his shoulder, he didn't make a noise about it so it had escaped my mind.

Hurried i took a shower and scrubbed all the blood and nasty remains off myself, i had no time to fully take in and enjoy a warm shower. I felt stressed and guilty, i need to look at his shoulder as soon as i can. A knot formed in my stomach, making me want to puke but also making me unable to do so. Before my thoughts got worse i hopped out the shower, took a hoodie and easy fitting jeans from my pile of things and rushed out the door.

The first thing i noticed was how empty the living room was, Mini was gently sleeping on the couch and i took the time to check up on him. As i moved closer to his sleeping body he opened his eyes. "You.." he said with a croaky and damaged voice, that mustve been from all the ash and smoke. With time that will be recovered. "You'll be okay in no time, you're already looking better" i gave him an encouraging small smile. He looked up to me "Thank-.." was all he could bring out but i understood and my smile was genuine. "Anyone would've done the same" i replied and saw him doze off to sleep again. He needs it.

"But is that true, would anyone do what i did? In a place like this?"

I shook it off i had different things to worry about right now, like where everyone is. I decided to take a walk around the place, it was definitely bigger than it looks from the outside. Little rooms with trash here and there, rooms for the guys and a couple of doors with padlocks on them, most of them were closed but out of the corner of my eye i spotted one hanging slightly open. Out of curiosity i tried the door handle, it opened without a sound but the view of the inside made my head spin.

Rows of guns, ammunition grenades and other dangerous utility was bundled up in locked but see trough closets.
These guys don't fool around.
In the middle was a big round table, enough for about 10 people and behind it a board with big letters 'HEIST' and maps of Los Santos. And one particular map stood out, it looked like they found a couple of underground entrances that lead trough the city. I should remember them, would prove to be useful sometime.

A hand on my shoulder made me jerk my head out of the door and rapidly close it. "You're not supposed to be there, nosy girl" i recognized the voice without turning around. Vanoss.

He was so close i felt the hot breeze of his breath on the back of my neck, it was alarmingly uncomfortable. I turned around and looked right at him like nothing was wrong, "You shouldn't leave doors unlocked like that for nosy girls like me" i said but it came out a bit croaky, i felt stressed and it showed. Before i knew it in one swift move his hand went to my throat and he had a very annoyed look on his face.

"Listen, i didnt ask for you to be here. Hell all i want it for you to get out" he said in a low voice. I was frozen in place, afraid of the placement of his hand. He could and would crush me at any given chance. "Vanoss" a voice so furious i couldnt make out who it was. But very quickly i heard a loud 'thud' sound and my throat got released from his grip. I coughed until i had the strength to look back up at the two yelling men.

To my surprise it was Nogla who came to my aid, Vanoss was just as surprised "She saved Mini's arse and this is how you repay her?" He yelled, his shoulder seemed to be back in the right place and functioning which was a relief. Neither Vanoss or me could bring out anything, he just looked at me. Nogla grabbed my arm and dragged me out, "You have some trainin' to do"

He made me follow him around the place until we got to something that looked like a basement door "Just down 'ere you'll see" i nodded and went on my way down. I got off the stairs and looked my eyes out, the place looked like a military training camp. There were obstacles, weapons and a piece of a forrest which must be some kind of outside survival training.

A voice called to me, another whiff of Irish trough it and i looked around to where it came from. A blonde guy was waving me over, as i got closer i could make out his face, a beard and his hair looked rather fancy and taken care of. But then something made me freeze, his eye. Its, robotic? The right side around his eye was replaced with some kind of dark metal and a red eye next to his blue one. He chuckled and crossed his arms. "Ain't a pleasant view huh?" He caught me staring and hurried i made my way in front of him. "I apologize" i said, since i honestly was. Its rude to stare. "No worries, lets get you trainin'" a soft encouraging bump with his hand on my shoulder made me agree.

He pointed at a couple of dumbbells ranging from light to extremely heavy. "Show me how much you can carry" he ordered i grabbed every dumbbell with ease until the one of 35kg with unease i picked it up and told him its the best i could do for now. He nodded and wrote it down.

"Not too bad in your condition" he said with a small smile and told me i had to go see Moo, that instantly lifted my mood. Thats the person i would like to talk to. I immediately spotted the mohawk hair and walked over, he was at the small forest part of the room bending over some kind of wire. "Hey Moo" i announced i was there "Sly!" He said excited "come see" he grabbed my arm and dragged me down to his position to look at the wire. I wasn't sure what we were looking at "uhh, thats great" i told him unsure. Moo picked up on my confusion and explained that he had build his first sturdy fishnet and couldn't wait to try it out. I now smiled. "But anyways, show me what you can build with the materials spread around in the forest" he suddenly turned very serious.

I wandered inside and started to gather wood and stone and anything dry for a fire, there were some convenient long sticks and one piece of wire. I sharpened the sticks with a stone, it took a while but after i put them together with the wire forming an easy trap, and soon after i had a small shelter form sticks and leafs with it. "Really great!" Moo cheered on "Thanks Moo" i said with a weak smile

"Hey you doing alright?" He asked, i shook my head the thought of this Death run, the guys who had been after us. The haunting moments gave me a shiver. "I'm afraid" i said honestly. Moo nodded "You have every right to be, not every one of us got out without a scratch." He pulled up the right side of his pants and it showed a nasty deep cut across his thigh it seemed to be all healed and an old wound but they don't fade away. "At least i still have my leg don't you think?" He joked softly.