Twenty Four

|| To: You. Hi! Its been a while (again) but i've been busy with work and went on a holiday! Please enjoy this new bit longer chapter of emotional rollercoasters. Tell me what you think.
Much love.||

"A heist?" "Where?"

Delirious' answer wasn't much to go on, not that i expect him to go into full detail with me but it was worth a shot. I knew he'd understand the curiosity and maybe go easy on me, like how he understands a lot of what i want without me having to open my mouth. When thinking of him however he's the opposite. Quite a secretive guy, but he seems to get his feelings mixed with each other a lot. And can get frustrated with himself. But prevents that by tried to shut them off, and feel nothing at all. But from the way his eyes look when meet with mine, the way they shimmer and change. They betray him and turn into windows of glass.

And just as i expected he wasn't surprised with the follow up question and turned to me, his hair that is somehow always in the same style and a lot less dirty that i imagined bounced around when he moved his head. His black shirt matching his hair and fitting whatever he had hiding underneath.

"A bank in the other side of town holds something we need." and then he shut his mouth as if he wanted to hold himself in but opened it quickly after. "Not that it's any of your business, lady" his mouth met the side of his coffee mug and he took a big sip. The steam of the coffee was comforting, especially the smell that filled the room. Delirious seemed peaceful, for now.

But i wasn't. His answer made me think, what could be in that safe that they 'need' as he said. More money? Different guns? Whatever it is, it will be dangerous. I knew that not knowing what they are hunting for would bother me for a long while. I had started to feel like these guys are my friends and i wanted them safe but i also wondered if that could be a mistake.

But Delirious was a different case of course, he felt like more than a friend, how can you get so close to someone who carries around weapons like they are toys and deals drugs like its candy? Not to mention is in a gang. But i did want him safe, more than anything.

My mind went all kinds of places. The south side he said. The worst view of the city and not a place you'd like to visit, especially not at night. Do you know the saying, 'The city never sleeps?' in this case, neither do murderers. The biggest gang rules the place, and to stay the biggest don't think they ask you nicely if you want to join them. The ways they use, are inhumane.

I got a cold shiver when i thought about it and took a quick sip of Delirious' coffee. Who looked at me with betrayed and squinted eyes. "That's mine?" he mumbled. "Ever heard of sharing?" I squinted my eyes back at him in a playful way, he picked up on that. His famous grin formed on his face and he grabbed my chin. "Depends on what is being shared" His eyes went from my eyes to my lips who he had full control over in this position and which felt still a bit warm from the coffee, or was it my whole face that got warm from him.

I was too mesmerized by his touch to react, i just let him and it felt amazing. I had no thoughts, just me and him. And we both knew what we wanted, but it didn't happen and he turned away from me and stood up. The feeling of him leaving was not a thing i enjoyed and I swallowed my need to grab him by the shirt and pull him back. Not here, not now.

I looked back at Delirious who seemed to get ready to walk away, but i wasn't finished. The heist mission made me think. Soon i will have to leave if Mini is back on full strength and I will need to bring my own food to the table. Plus a roof above my head would be preferred. And with this mission i could partake and bring my skills along and get a cut of the money so i can get what i need, sadly i won't have such an amazing cook as Moo. But at least i could afford it. And in this world, i could use all the training i can get.