Twenty

|| Sly's POV ||

His blue eyes were locked onto mine. I'm pretty sure they had become my favorite thing to look at. I remember the first time i had looked into those eyes, they looked dull, meaningless and tired. But now, the blue color was bright. Untroubled and maybe even happy. I wondered what had changed for him. It was great to look at, how he changed from a bundle of anger to this. But that guy in a whole was great to look at. I smiled slightly at Delirious, acting like i wasn't staring and on his turn his eyes started to squint slightly like they always do when he's smiling. We were happy. 

"Are you hungry?" He asked and nodded over to the table. Sadly he pulled away his hands, i think i could hold them forever. I had to tear my eyes away from his to nod heavy in response. My stomach was rumbling. I followed him as we walked over to the crooked but still standing kitchen table. Ohm was still sitting at the table with his legs lifted and leaning on the table itself. He was eating a big pile of pancakes and nothing had ever looked so tasty to me. I had to keep myself from drooling. 

We quickly joined him at the table but he didn't look up oce, he seemed very focussed on the phone in his left hand while working on his pancakes with his right hand. He was dressed in gray and black, and a fitting Omega sign on his shirt and something that looked like, bunny ears?. It was something new around here since most guys were in strange colors but they all have something that makes them fit in, and different from the rest. Just as i was inspecting him he opened his mouth and asked me something. "So, where did you come from so suddenly?"

Without looking he shoved a plate of pancakes our way and it distracted me from his question for a couple of minutes. Me and Delirious shared the plate but it was definitely enough for the both of us. Finally having a full stomach was one of the most treasured feelings i knew. Once i was ready i turned myself to Ohm, he seemed like an okay and interesting guy. "Long story short, i saved his ass." I said as a small joke to Delirious. He huffed in protest "i'm pretty sure you're here because i saved your ass." He gave me a small glare and i just smiled back at him. Neither of us was wrong.

Somehow that got Ohm's attention and he got his legs off the table to fully join the conversation. "She did your arms didn't she?" He grinned to the guy in the blue sweater like he had just revealed a big secret. I knew Delirious wouldn't admit immediately that a girl had taken care of him. So that must've been why Ohm asked that question.

I was surprised at Delirious' reaction. Cocky he raised his eyebrow and wrapped an arm around me pulling me close with my back to his chest. "Are you jealous, Ohmie?" My cheeks heated up once his arm met my skin.

Ohm looked at Delirious with a suprised look on his face but it ended only in a soft laugh.

"Me? Totally" he said, he looked back to his phone once more. I wondered what was so interesting that was going on there. I jawned, the pancakes and lack of sleep got to me, i just wanted to doze off in a warm bed and not think about anything for a while. But i knew that would be hard, my thoughts plagued me. What is going to happen tomorrow?

I stood up "Gentlemen, it was fun but i think i'll need all the sleep i can get for tomorrow" I said to them, Ohm nodded "It was nice to meet you, Sly" he said "And you, Ohm" I replied as i left to go to my room. Delirious seemed to chat with Ohm a bit and i heard laughing. It put a smile on my face as i closed the door to my bedroom. I went into the bathroom to freshen myself up a little but it ended up in me taking a shower. I felt better after i got out warm and fresh, i got out a big shirt and put it on. I wasn't expecting to get out until tomorrow morning so i couldn't be bothered. I sat down on the bed and turned on the tv, just wanted to have some distraction until i would fall asleep. Only to see the prison break as headline, it raised my stress bit by bit. I dont ever want to be in a prison again. I was on the edge of the bed, trying to see if either me or Delirious was shown close up on the camera. I couldn't remember seeing any cameras close to us, but then again it was one hectic bundle and we were only focussed on getting out. I sighed and fell on my back, just as i did so i heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in"

||Delirious POV || 

She left me and Ohm together at the table, he looked at me. "So?" he asked. "So what?" i said back, knowing damn well what he was talking about. "So, are you two a thing?" I crossed my arms. "Fuck man, i don't know . I don't think she wants me like that" I was honest about it, i have no clue if she really is interested in me. Was she playing with me or was it real? Ohm snickered "Can't you see the answer to that question? Its totally written on her face. But if you don't know, ask her" he shrugged and stood up. "Also keep it in your pants for now" He smacked my shoulder and laughed as he walked off. He's right, i'd have to ask her if i wanted to be certain. I got up myself and went to her room.

Once i got there It took me a lot of effort to knock on the door. What if she doesn't want to see me? What do i say? 

I want to just hold her.

And i finally  knocked on her door, a soft "Come in" came from the other side. The door wasn't locked so i went in.

My eyes fell on her as she was laying on her back facing the ceiling. I couldn't help it but admire how cute she looked. She was only wearing a long shirt and i felt the heat crawl from my neck to my cheeks. Softly i closed the door behind me, she looked over and i froze. "I don't know what to do, Delirious" She turned her back to me and looked out the window. The tv was on and there was hectic yellig and police sirens coming from the speakers. "That's not going to help you" I walked over and turned it off. The room was much more clearer and relaxed now. I walked over to her and hovered over her body, she looked at me and actually smiled a bit. I coughed and the heat of my blush now really got to me. I had to walk away and take off my hoodie. I sat down on the edge of her bed so our backs were facing each other.

"I understand that you're afraid" I said to her, since i really understood in what situation she was in. I put my elbows on my knees and let my arms rest, the bullet in my shoulder was stinging but nothing i couldn't handle. "I was afraid too" i mummbled.

"How is it?" She asked without turning around. I started to explain. I told her that the Death run was filled with obstacle courses and traps, i just told her she needs to keep her eyes open and focus. "You can do it" i tried to encourage her "Mmh, you didnt say that when talking to Vanoss" She said, and she was right. But i didn't mean that to her. "I just wanted him to go easy on you, we all know you'll make it" she sighed slightly but it sounded like the words helped.

It wasn't easy to comfort her with this. I didn't know how she would react to certain things. I didn't know how to react when she's around at all. She makes me, feel so different.  I turned to her. "Hey, look at me." I ordered her. At first she didn't move, but i wouldn't move until she looked at me. And so she did what i said, she rolled on her other side and was now facing me. I laid down on my good side and we were close together. She looked tired but god, she looked amazing. Laying next to her gave me a buzz in my stomach, it was relaxing but i don't think the blush left my face. She noticed and put her soft hand on my cheek. I had to hold all the things i wanted to say to her in, and my head got uncomfortably full. But her touch. The thing i always long for. Its something special.

"So you think i will be able to survive?" She asked and i saw her eyes slide over my face, hope she didn't mind how fucked up it actually is. 

I nodded.
"I can promise you that"

"Why did you get me into this mess, a warning would've been nice" Her soft hand slid off my face and laid inbetween us. "You would've left if i did tell you" She shook her head a bit "You don't know that"

"You're right, who would leave this" As i jokingly pointed at myself.

 To my surprise she came even closer to me, my heart raced in my chest as her warmth was very welcoming against my body. Without hesitation i wrapped my arm around her.

"You're annoying." She mumbled.

"You like it."