Twenty Seven

To you: Haaha it's me, two whole years later sadly. Thank you so much for your patience i love you. I've got such a busy life i hope i find the time to write more. I hope you are all staying safe and maybe this part will help the boredom a bit. Also fuck Wattpad for putting ads on stories. Enjoy!

|| Sly ||

..oh, my head.

I watched the thick red liquid flow, it was quick to spread. Swallowing every bit of it's path until there was no more. Nipping and biting at the tip of my shoes, it was revenge. Leaving his blood with every step i take. I followed the trail from the tear in his skull crawling its way to wherever it could leave a stain. The shiny ice floor was riddled with pieces i didn't even want to try to identify.

Alright i won't complain about my own head again. 

Just one bullet, one bullet that can take the grasp of a life and tear it apart. Rip it's head off it's shoulders and let it roll down until it will never be found again.

Dear death,
If you can hear me,
I'm coming for you.

I stumbled, making my eyes meet his eyes.. they were still open as if they knew exactly what was happening. As if he was still aware. Staring right at me. I did nothing. But i felt it all, a hit of adrenaline with sweat. I hated that feeling.

The next thing i heard were heavy boots getting louder meaning they were coming towards me.
If they didn't hurry up i would've collapsed right then and there, hopeful to never be waken up again.
My legs were most likely going to give up. Maybe some more parts of my body were ready to leave me behind. Why not give up, frozen to the core but still somehow alive.

But how much of me is still me.

A tingling sensation on my arm made me hastily pull away from the danger. It felt like heat, it felt like blisters were forming on my arm.

Did you know that ice can burn.

But it was the low growl. And an "It's alright, I've got you" that knocked some fucking sense into me. Just a small whiff of him toyed with my nose and made the hairs on my neck stand up straight. I wanted to scream and curse and tell him i hated him.
But it hurt, he was hurting me. Every piece of my body that was touching him was in flames and scorching my skin.

"You aren't looking too hot" he whispered and held his arm in de dents of my knees and one around my waist. I was probably like a feather to him, that's what you get when you're a scrawny criminal. I wheezed as acknowledgment, not much else i had in me for him. I looked at my arms as his hands clamped around them and there was nothing. No fire and no flames.

I let him pick me up one easy swoop as if he'd done it a million times. The ice crunched underneath us with my added weight on the same place. But he stood comfortable. Was he wearing a pair of those snow boots? Smart man. Someone probably lost their feet because of that.

I stared at the dead eyes and the blood dripping off my feet. Oh my, what a view. And then i looked up to him and the same thought rolled around my head.

"He would have killed.. you." He said in a heavy breath. I couldn't see his face, but he seemed to stand stronger than ever. Determined. And calm. "I don't know what i would've done.. if i had lost you right there." Sounding like the calm before a storm but still didn't look at me. His hands and chest finally warmed me instead of the burning sensation. But the cold was still holding on inside, still there.

Another mask i was delighted to see got my attention. I wanted to tell him that i appreciated his rude ass. The owl looked at us and gave a nod.

He'll take care of you.