Seven

|| Sly's POV ||

I watched him walk off without me, i couldn't join him. I have to admit that i wanted to, i wanted to catch up to him and find out what we should do after but i couldn't. We shouldn't get involved in each others lives it will only end up badly. His shoulders were a bit down and he looked almost relaxed walking off. I noticed him looking back, swiftly i looked around and went on my own way. I knew i wasn't safe until i got home but i had no energy to break out in a run or even jog. My stomach rumbled and i couldn't concentrate, my house was on the other side of town and maybe a trip to the store couldn't hurt.

I knew the forest out of my head which made the journey for food not that long, i ended up at a small gas station with a store. I looked at the money i clamped on in my hand i got from Delirious for that stupid package, about 500$ maybe enough for a nice meal and a place to sleep for a short while.

I bought what i needed and i was sure to get as far away from there as possible. I knew the money that i had left wasn't going to help me for a long time but what can i do, it's not like i can get a job with a criminal record like this. It bothered me, the need of money made me turn this path in the first place. I wanted to do it the right way, in an office at my own desk. But no one had let me in. I didn't have a choice.

I decided to stop at the first motel and asked for a room my feet couldn't carry me for much longer, luckily no one batted an eye and just gave me a room. I was told i could stay there for a week which should be enough time so i can make money and get another place. Would this be, the rest of my life?

The bed in my room felt uncomfortably cold to my body as i laid down. I don't think i have ever felt this tired. I had just enough strength to ear some food i got from the store. It filled my stomach but i felt like i was missing something. I had nothing with me except for my mask and i grabbed on to it like it would take me away from here. Everything that happened today went all so fast it was almost unreal. Thoughts kept popping up in my head an I slept uneasy that night.

|| Delirious POV ||

The light trough the blinds woke me up and i quickly glanced at the clock, around 12. As slow as i could i stood up from the couch, i felt like i had been trough multiple hangovers and got beat up all in one night.

The stench of blood made its way to my nose and all the memories flooded back to me again, but every time they started to hurt my head the thoughts found their way back to her smile. It made me feel slightly better but i wanted to puke, this had to stop. How could i be so easy.

I carefully pulled off my blue stained hoodie, making sure the blood didn't get on more things. I tried my best to scrub off the blood in the sink i grabbed all kinds of washing and cleaning materials, but nothing worked. Frustrated i threw it into the sink. I'll just let it sit there until i have the patience for this. The sink's reflection reminded me that my nose was still fucked up. It was bruised and the blood on it was old and dirty. It seemed to be in the right place so all i could do is wait for it to heal.

My face and hair were covered with dirt, the scratches and bruises on my cheeks didn't make me look any better. I shrugged it off, had worse. A shower would fix me up a bit.

It felt like i was in the shower for hours. But it made me feel at ease. I thought about all that had happened the day before, i just left her. The prison outbreak wasn't unfamiliar to me, but this one weighed heavily on my shoulders. I felt like i failed. But yet. No one died.

I got out of the shower after getting my thoughts untangled and put on a black shirt. I'll have to wait until i find a way to get rid of the filth on my hoodie. I stepped outside the bathroom and it was awfully quiet in the house, no yelling of Wildcat to Nogla or the other way around. No squeaking of Lui, or Moo's laughter. I made my way trough the house but i found no one, i pulled a hand trough my hair. Left without me huh? i huffed.

But i could understand. For one i was knocked out deeply i don't think anything could've woken me up. And i am in a bad state to help my friends. I walked onto the balcony and a cold breeze touched my skin. It stung in my wounds and my fingers changed from skin color to white but i stayed outside. The year was starting to come to an end, its going to get even colder.

The familiar buzzing of my pocket made me reach for my phone.

"What's up Mini?"