Three

I looked out the tiny boarded window in the back of the cell, having a roof over my head wasn't bad but i longed for freedom more than anything. And maybe some snacks, my stomach was rumbling. We both got up and went to our beds, the masked guy laid down and closed his eyes once again. We both needed the night to rest up for tomorrow, it won't be easy but we can't stay in here forever. I had some time to think, about tomorrow and everything. What would i do after i get out? If i even get out in the first place. I dont have much. And company, for once. Didn't feel too bad.

"Delirious" he suddenly said,

A shiver went down my spine as he broke my train of thoughts. That name, i know i've heard that name before. Of course i wasn't shocked he didn't tell me his real name so i will give him the same back.

"Sly" i told him, it wasn't an uncommon gang name but as long as i was out of the spotlight i was fine with it. Why would he tell me his gang name? Does he think we'll be stuck in here? My thoughts started to fill my head again, i walked around to get a grip of them. Delirious followed my movements as i bolted trough the room. "Will you sit down already" he huffed, i wanted to ignore him, it was his fault we are in here anyways. We've been way too nice to each other. But on the other hand we need each other to escape so i decided to stay on his good side.

I nodded and sat down with loud creaking protest of the bed itself. I had a hard time falling asleep this night. But the view out of the window kept me relaxed. The sprakling light of the stars were the last thing i saw until my eyes closed.

The next morning we got aggressively woken up by battons bashing against the metal bars and loud yelling of the inmates and guards. Not exactly a good morning.

"Walk" the guard said as he dragged me by my shoulders out of the cel. "I was planning to" i growled as he didn't gave me the time to stand on my own feet.

Delirious got pushed around but didn't seem to care much, he actually seemed to be used to it. The guards led us to the canteen, we found many but not all inmates they were sitting down with their own plate of food. I thought about Cartoonz' plan, 'form a distraction' he said. We were forced to take a seat and they pushed a plate with disgusting looking food under our faces. I was pretty sure i saw something move.

I shoved the food plate further away from my face. The smell was as bad as its looks "Greenies huh?" the me nudged me in the ribs with his plastic fork. I scooted away from him and I turned my head to Delirious. He seemed just as uncomfortable. "I have an idea" i whispered and grabbed a handful of food of my dirty plate. He looked at me, he was surprised but didnt stop me.

 I stood up and screamed"Catch!" as i threw the food to the oppposite table. Right in an inmates face it surely felt good, but she looked absolutely furious and bolted my way. The food dripping off her angry face. For a second i thought that i had made a big mistake, that nothing would come from this. But once she was just an inch away Delirious smiled a bit and followed my lead. Also he stood up and threw his food right into someones face. This time it looked like he had hit a big body builer on his head, angery he wiped off the access food and shoved the table away. In a second he was in front of us.  A lot of chuckles came from all around us and people started to play with their food. But it wasnt enough to be a distraction.

The first girl who saw the big inmate coming this way stepped in front of him and inbetween us. She couldve saced us a punch in the face. But she would probably do it herself. To my surprise she spoke to him "Uhm, excuse you. I was first. When im done with her you can go ahead" she said and pointed a finger to his chest. Big fault on her part, he grabbed her finger and forcefully snapped it backwards creating a loud bone breaking noise. She screamed in agony, shocked i took a step back bumping into Delirious. It finally took the guards attention and all the other inmates started to howl and slam their fists on the table and each others faces. "Halt!" the guards screamed, i was frozen in place my back against his chest.