Ten

"Where are you?" I almost whispered, i didn't want to attract the wrong kind of attention. That could end it all before i even found the wounded person. It cant be that there is no one at the docks at this time. I didn't directly get an answer but heavy breathing and wheezing helped me. A shock went trough me once i found them, in the corner of an abandoned building there was a guy on the floor leaning against the wall. He looked horrible, the burn marks eating at his skin and it seemed like his leg was getting crushed by a large wooden pole. Which must have fallen on him after he hid from the blast.

The smoke and ash wouldn't let either of us breathe and he would die if i didn't get him out of there immediately. "Hold on, i'm coming" i called to him but he seemed to use all of his energy to breathe. I pushed and pulled everything out of my path, the debris and rubble was still hot and sharp pieces stuck out here and there. It caused me to firmly cut and burn my hands by touching it. But i had to help him. When i finally got to him i crouched down, "I have you, it'll be okay" i told him. He opened one eye slowly and it met mine, brown like his hair. "Hhh.." he wheezed and coughed but i told him to not move and i'd help him. He nodded very slightly and slowly and accepted that i wouldn't do him any harm. He closed his eye again and focussed on breathing.

I put all my force into removing the large obstacle off his leg. It was extremely heavy and i tried to lift it on my own so it couldnt hurt him, my hands felt like they were on fire for as long as i was holding the wood. Just a bit.. more. Once i pushed it off his leg we were left with a gaping and bleeding wound in it. I swallowed, never had i seen so much blood.

Without thinking i pulled off my only source of warmth and wrapped my jacket around the wound tightly to help against the bleeding, while doing so he was making small groaning noises. "I know i know, but this will help" i said, more to myself than to him. I knew that we had to wait until he had at least the strength to lean on me. I couldn't pick him up or move him on my own but together we might be able to get home.

|| Delirious POV ||

I felt heavily tugging on my shirt and body and it woke me up from what felt like a peaceful slumber. But it all quickly came back to me, the blast. My friends. I groaned, i need to get up. My arm felt like it was throbbing and i moved it into my view. Small pieces that looked like crisped bacon fell on my lap. I inspected the source, it was my arms my skin that was letting go. It was disturbing to say the least. My arm was full of burn marks and deep cuts. Another groan came from my mouth as i inspected the rest of my body. It all looked fucked up to say the least. And i was radiating with heat from my wounds. I was lucky to still be alive.

The pain, indescribable but something i was not a stranger to.

I needed to push it away, for now. To find my friends. To get out.

"Where is Mini?" i heard a voice but all too familiar to me, but i have never heard him like this. So upset and hurt. I looked over at my friend, he was holding his right hand firmly around his left shoulder bone which was sticking out in a dangerous wrong way. He looked just as fucked as i did, scorch marks over his arms and a deep cut on his cheek. "Damn" was all i could say, the pain in my body was just telling me to go lay back down. Just, go back to sleep. Right here on the cold floor. That would soothe my wounds a bit. But who knows would i still wake up if i did listen to my body.

Instead i stood up and reached out my hand to Nogla, he grabbed it and i helped him up.

We both stood there for a second, a bit dull and lost. I thought about Mini, the guy is smaller than us and was closer to the explosion that happened. He must have got tossed away further away than we did. "Daihti we have to go find him, he might be worse than us" i suggested and as answer i got a slow nod. Nogla was wounded pretty badly but it didn't stop him from helping anyone or anything.

We stumbled around looking for our friend, neither of us had the energy to call out his name and i was having a hard time keeping my head focused. It would be a matter of time before i will pass out again.

A sudden grab of my shoulder made me a bit sharper again, "There was movement in that building, we should be careful. You know what type of people walk around here" Nogla said

"People like us?" I replied and he huffed at me but i did see a small grin. As silent as possible we got to the small caved in building. Nogla got the window and i looked trough the door.

Someone was sitting with their back to us. nothing more than a shadow right now. I felt relief when i could clearly see Mini laying there. He looked like a ghost, his skin was unnatural pale even for him and his chest was slowly moving. His wounds were a lot more permanent and we have to get him help. But this figure, what were they doing there. I stood sharp on my feet, ready to launch at them if i saw them even touch him.

Right as i wanted to go in the figure moved around it looked like they were wrapping something around Mini's leg. They moved graceful i must say. No movement too quick or too harsh to make them fall.

I heard a gun being loaded to my right and he signed at me that now would be the time we bust in. As we jumped in we startled the person and they turned around.

It took me a second to catch the amount of air i lost once we barged inside. But her, i recognized her immediately. How could she be so unfortunate to cross my path again. Wary but friendly she looked at me, she looked as awful as we did. Her hands were bleeding and she was shivering in the cold breeze the broken windows let trough.

"Get away from him!" Nogla barked, she did not move an inch. "He's hurt badly i'm trying to help" she said, i was surprised to say the least. Is she risking her life for him? She clearly doesn't know him and still.. with a gun to her face she didn't move. She reached for his leg again, i noticed now that it was a jacket she had wrapped around him. It was probably hers and thats why she was so cold.

"Don't you lay a finger on him" Nogla's anger expanded with the moment and the gun was pointed at her forehead.