Twenty three

To my surprise it was Vanoss we heard.
He stood at the top of the stairs leading into the training room. The man was dressed in all black and it complimented his posture.
"I think you would make a good addition to the team" he said. What was he doing there? Has he been standing there for long? My head turned red. Did he see everything?

He went into the room and got closer.
"Mind if i steal her for a second?" He said to Delirious, who nodded. I noticed that he trusted the man but he seemed to have his guard up. Delirious put the bow back and gave me a quick reassuring wink. He grabbed the knife out of the dummy and started practicing. Vanoss waves me over, he crossed his arms as i reached the spot in front of him. He seemed a lot less hostile than when we first met. And it didn't make his presence bad. He was a different person, like he had a total shift of attitude. And it was only for the better.

"The guys say that you did good" he started. "You have the basic skills to join, but there needs to be practice" he sounded serious but there was a hint of relaxation in his voice. "Just picked up a couple things of the streets" i answered. But he didn't seem to react to that.

"I talked with some of the guys but they have no objection to you being here" he continued, he had been the calmest since we met. If i do survive these days at least i'll have them to watch my back. I felt happy. But i was also wary, what if its a trap?

"You didn't seem very inviting for me to join a day ago." I really wanted to trust him, and it seemed the same way for him. But something withheld us. Vanoss actually smiled a bit "You're right, i didn't trust you. And i'm still not fully convinced you're not a spy for someone" he cleared his throat

"But i'll give you a chance"

"Thank you" i managed to get out. "Tonight. 10pm at the docks. Be there" he said, and i knew he meant the Death run with it. I wonder what they were going to do.

I nodded once again and he left up the stairs.
I returned to Delirious who had waited surprisingly patient for me. I smiled at him and he smiled back, the butterflies that smile gave me. I dont think they will ever leave.

"And?" He asked, less patient now. "He said he'd give me a chance, and i need to be at the docks by 10 pm" i mumbled and searched for a clock. 11:30am right now. So i will sit wait anxiously until its time. "Thats great, we can practice all day" Delirious exclaimed. And it wasn't exactly the thing i wanted to hear. Terrorizer seemed like he had overheard the conversation and had a different plan i agreed a lot more with "How about you let the girl have some breakfast?" Happily i nodded my head in Terrorizer's direction and he stuck up a thumb. "Me and Moo would like something too." 

He said as we saw them disappear upstairs. Delirious rolled his eyes but his stomach betrayed him by making rumbling noises. "Alright alright" he laughed a bit and stuck his hand out to me. "Let's go" i said as i put my hand in his.

Once upstairs everyone was making noise, laughter and words filled the kitchen and it felt good. There was a lot of choice for breakfast, i had never seen so much food on the table and wondered where it came from. But there were a lot of mouths to feed so it would be empty soon. Me and Delirious sat down. To my surprise i saw the guy, who had been on the edge of not making a couple of days ago now sitting at the table next to Wildcat and laughing. He still looked tired but he was happily eating with the rest. He seemed to have noticed me sitting down and he gave a smile and a nod. Probably thanking me and i returned it to him.

On my left sat Delirious and on my right was Smitty, next to him was Basically and they seemed to fool each other with magic tricks. Every time Smitty would make his tissue disappear Basically would go mad and ask him to do it again. I greatly enjoyed myself, laughed with the guys and ate the best food ive had in years. Quite a lot better than microwaved pasta. I felt a warm feeling on the inside, actual happiness.

After a short while, the guys started to leave the table and go on with their business. It seemed like they were preparing for something, a couple went back downstairs to train and some went to where i assumed would be a discussion or planning room.

"What are they going to do?" I asked the guy next to me, Delirious was very focussed on the piece of toast in his mouth and it took a while before he answered. "We planned a Heist" i frowned as i took a sip of my drink. "A heist? Where?"