Chapter 5

Scarlett’s POV:

The hot sun of Madrid was shinning down on me. I was led across one of the many sun beds in Mesut’s garden in nothing but my bikini, as well as my sunglasses covering my eyes. No breeze what so ever available in the air around me. Just the burning hot sensation from the sun shinning down onto my bare skin in an attempt to hopefully get a nice tan on one of the very few days off which I have been given since starting my modelling job.

Don’t get my wrong, I love my job. I mean it’s my dream. A dream which I have been hoping to come true ever since I can remember. I must have only been about ten years of age when I wanted to become a model or something along the lines of that sort of career choice.

I just remember running into the living room of my house back in England. My mothers lipstick spread all across my face – I only managed to get a little on my lips, if that. Pink tutu on from my ballet classes I used to take. As well as a little pink top – my favourite top. The look both my mother and father gave me when they saw what I looked like was horrific. I just yelled ‘I want to be a model’ at the top of my lungs repeatedly as I ran around the living room in circles.

What can I say? I was a little diva at that age. Too young to understand the full concept of what being model would bring but of course I grew up and learnt all of that. I guess I just scanned through many magazines my mother used to have with all these beautiful models in these jaw-dropping outfits.

I just learnt from a young age and look at me now. Modelling for an agency at the age of twenty one in no better city than Madrid. I’m just living the dream. The dream which I have been hoping and praying to come true for many years. This all just proves that if you stick to what you want to achieve then you can actually do it. And I am a prime example of that.

Adjusting the sunglasses covering my eyes I leant back further onto the sun bed. Directly facing the sun as I felt the burning rays shinning down onto my face.

Grabbing my phone from beside me – placed on the concrete – I took it into my hands and unlocked it. Scrolling through my Instagram and a load of pictures from Mesut’s account appeared of all of the team at training today. Although by the looks of the pictures they weren’t actually training. Instead they were all lounged along the ground, shirts off and in nothing but shorts. I couldn’t help but admire the perfectly toned body of Sergio Ramos in one of the pictures. Now he really is what you call ‘perfect’. Every peck outlined perfectly on his body along with the muscled arms he has. Oh…my…god.

Comparing both Mesut and Sergio together it is clear that Mesut definitely does have a little more work to do. Shaking my head a little I took myself out of the trance I had got myself in from just staring at Sergio’s chest only to notice that his hair was different. It was no longer the bleach blonde colour which he has had for a short period of time – since the beginning of preseason – instead he was back to his normal blonde. The almost dark blonde colour. Finally.

I continued scrolling through my Instagram. The new range of clothing in pictures appearing on my screen which of course I took quite some time on looking at. Not forgetting the odd picture of Justin Timberlake coming up from the VMA’s. God I love that man, the things I would do to just get the chance of seeing him in concert.

As I still continued to scroll down my Instagram I was soon distracted. The sound of both Rocky and Balboa barking and jumping up from their shaded spot on the grass in the garden made me jump. I watched as the two of them ran inside and then the sound of the front door opening vaguely ran through my ears. Looks like Mesut’s back from training. That was all soon followed by the sound of the door slamming shut and scampering of both of the dogs paws moving across the laminate flooring of the hallway was all I was capable of hearing at this moment.