Chapter 11

Scarlett’s POV:

I never knew that going to an away game with Mesut would be so difficult. First there’s the travel from Madrid to Villarreal. Which may I add we had to get a plane to do so, and of course with how I get when flying I wasn’t most pleased. Then there’s the timing of the game tonight, 9 o’clock… who in their right mind sets up a game for that time? It’s beyond me. I would have much rather it had been early afternoon. Of course it isn’t my decision though so I can moan as much as I want and nothing is going to change. 

But then again it’s worth it, seeing as after the game tonight Mesut and I are flying back to the UK to stay with my parents for a week or so. Something which thankfully Carlo and the board agreed to let Mesut do. They came to an agreement along the lines of Mesut having to work harder when he gets back and he was more than happy to do so, so I was glad.

Words cannot describe just how excited I am in seeing my parents and brother again. It feels like a lifetime I have been away from them but in reality it hasn’t been too long, just under a month to be exact. But I’m dying to show them my modelling shots. Just to see their faces will be sure to brighten up my day. I’m expecting nothing but proud looks from both my mother and father. I’ve never really given them anything to be proud of me about up until the moment I was informed that a modelling agency was interested in me. Then ever since it’s been something I’ve treasured with me here in Madrid, the look they gave me when I told them. They were so proud and I couldn’t have been happier at that specific moment. It really is one of those moments which I am going to treasure forever.

Dare I say it I’m actually beginning to miss my brother too; Tom. Even if he did annoy me constantly when I was living at home he’s blood. And no matter how much we argued and tormented each other I really do miss him and of course the rest of my family. This is why I cannot wait to step foot back in my home country. Even if I know it’s going to be absolutely freezing compared to the weather here in Spain which I’ve grown accustomed to now.

So here I am now, sat on the bed to the suite of the hotel, Vila-real Palace Hotel to be precise. And I must admit that this is quite the place for a one night stay. Especially seeing as it has free Wi-Fi. A free stay in a hotel – all inclusive – and free Wi-Fi, now who wouldn’t want that?

I’m just so thankful that Carlo has agreed to let me come with the team and travel to the game with them, given that I really didn’t have any choice. It was either this or stay back at Mesut’s while he’s here and have to travel tomorrow to the UK instead. In all honesty I prefer this outcome. Because look, as I said, a free stay in a hotel with all you can eat. Now that really is something I’m beginning to enjoy here.

Sitting up on the bed with my phone in hand, I was quick to check the time. My eyes grew wider at the sight I had in front of me. I had literally ten minutes until I had to be downstairs in the lobby for us all to leave for the game. I’m telling you now; I’m glad I resorted to doing my hair and make up some time ago to kill time. Otherwise there is no way I would be going to that stadium. Instead I’d have to watch the game here, with no real atmosphere around me. That’s the part I’ve been looking forward to the most.

So with that I shot up from the bed I was led across, only to stand in front of it in nothing but my underwear shortly afterwards. Reaching for my shirt I had placed on the bed along with the rest of my clothes to the chosen outfit, I soon took it in my hands. Once pulling the both of my arms into the holes to the shirt I eventually began doing up each individual button to it. Starting from the bottom and working my way up.

As soon as I was sorted with my top half I took the jeans from on the bed into my hands, holding either side of them. And soon enough I slipped my legs into the holes before pulling them all the way up. Straightening the jeans out across my legs with my shirt purposely tucked into them, I was quick to do up the button and zip before sitting myself down onto the bed.