Chapter 25

Scarlett’s POV:

“Scar, babe, you need to get up now.” Hearing the distinct sound of Mesut’s voice echoing in my ear from beside me led me to do none of the sort in waking up, or even moving in any part of way to be drank. Instead I simply just remained in the same position on the bed with my arms hugging the pillow my head lay on, trying as hard as I possibly could to fall back to the deep sleep I was once a part of before Mesut decided to wake me from it. Although that did not seem to be happening for me anytime soon at all, as still Mesut continued to repeat the previous words into my ear while shaking me awake slightly. “Babe I’m serious now, you need to get up and ready. We’ve got to leave in just under an hour so please hurry up now.”

But despite the verbal warning from Mesut’s behalf I still made not even the slightest effort in getting myself up from the bed to get ready, simply just staying in the same position as I wrapped the duvet further up around my head to hide it while groaning loudly in a sense of strong annoyance. “No just give me five more minutes for fuck sake Mesut, please.” Turning my tone of voice into a rather stressed and ratty sort without realising due to how tired I all of a sudden had become, I scrunched my face up at the German’s consistent shaking of my shoulders as my groans only began getting much louder and repetitive than before. Finding myself starting to squirm a little in a hopeful attempt that he may eventually give in to me.

There was a rather heavy sigh of what I could make out to be a mix of both annoyance and frustration coming from Mesut, followed by the mattress lifting up from where his muscular body once lay beside me. And daring to open just a single eye I could sense that he was to be standing above me from behind, most probably with his hand on his hips if I was to guess a little further. “Scarlett this isn’t funny anymore, you need to get up now or there’s no way we’re going to be able to make our flight.” Somewhat getting a little stressed out from how I was being Mesut let an even louder and heavier sigh escape from his lips, and in a forceful yet hard pull he removed the duvet from around my body, discarding it down onto the floor.

Opening my eyes fully and adjusting to the lights as soon as I felt a slight breeze form on my bare arm, I groaned and whined heavily to myself while rubbing my eyes vigorously. Just to catch a loud and repetitive laugh coming from Mesut as he sat down on the bed next to me once again, somewhat not being able to control the laughter escaping his lips rapidly. “This isn’t funny Mesut, so don’t even bother talking to me if all you’re going to do is just laugh at me thank you very much.” Speaking in a dry and cold tone of voice I tusked at him, standing up from the bed and walking into the bathroom. And with nothing but an annoyed yet glum look upon my face I slammed the bathroom door behind me, proceeding to wash my face.

You would have thought that Mesut would have at least listened to me after the amount of times I have specifically told him that if he is to ever wake me up early then the best way to do is softly. But no, still to this day it seems to me as if he is not capable in doing anything of the sort and instead insists in carrying out the complete opposite. As instead of being sweet and smitten with me he just violently removed the duvet from me. Now, I am no expert so do correct me if I am wrong but surely that is not the best way to wake somebody up, right?

“Oh come on Scar, don’t get all mad at me. You knew we needed to be up early and I didn’t have much of a choice than to wake you up.” Tapping his knuckles on the bathroom door as I stood in front of the mirror applying my make-up to my face I sighed, rolling my eyes at the fact of knowing Mesut too well and having a feeling he would come running back a matter of seconds after realising I was most certainly not in the mood this morning. To which I have of course been proved to be right. But I did not answer him and instead remained quiet on the other side of the door, adding a small dose of mascara to my eyelashes. “Oh I get it now Scarlett, the silent treatment, how very mature of you.” Groaning evidently towards myself.