2 AM - The dark shows you distance

Chapter

I opened the letter, wanting to know what it said. Noah went, since Black and his friends came outside. It hurt a little though. When he saw Black, he immediately walked away, as if I was nothing. I understood it though. I didn't want Black to know anything about what was happening. I also didn't want to damage their friendship, even though Noah deserved better. My eyes went to meet Noah's without my control but he didn't look back. My eyes went to his wrist and I smiled when I saw the brown bracelet still around his wrist.

'Dear Nila,

It was the last time you could blame nineteen, the last time you fought through pain and paid your dues. Well, that is what you want. Age doesn't matter, you are still the same person as yesterday. The same problems you faced yesterday, will still be present today and even tomorrow. These problems are what makes you, you. You don't always need to hide your emotions and sometimes you can trust someone around you. Don't be scared of getting hurt, because sometimes that's the best that could happen to you. The lessons you learn from these are necessary in your life to get to know how humans could be. You are friends now with Noah, but do you think you can trust him? If the answer is yes, go with it. If the answer is no, go with it too. You will learn a lot, more than you know now. It will help you grow and you will be able to filter the good and bad around you. Trust Noah.

Go to the beach at 2 AM this night'

I walked down the stairs that led me to the beach. It was the middle of the night but I didn't care. I wasn't scared and I knew that the letter was important to follow. I really wanted to know who this person was and what they wanted from me. I walked towards the beach, the cold sand freezing my feet. It was cold, but my mind was colder, so I didn't mind. I neared to the water, that looked black. As you can see, blue fooled you again. It is now completely black, making it so ugly, while you would think it is beautiful during the day. I walked at the side of the water, making my feet sank in the sand little by little.

"I thought you weren't going to come" I heard from behind me, which made me trap over my foot and fell backwards.

"Easy there" I heard his voice say while he caught me by my arms. When I was standing again, I turned around and hit his arm a few times.

"What the heck?" he said while laughing hysterically. His laugh made me calm down a bit but I was still shaking from the fear.

"Who the hell creeps up to a girl and talks to her when she doesn't see them in the middle of the night at freaking 2 AM?!" I yelled at him while still slapping him. He was just laughing so much and I felt like my slaps didn't even hurt him.

"Its not funny you idiot, I got freakin' scared! I am still shaking!" I yelled, being so annoyed with him laughing at me. He then put his hands in front of him as a surrender move.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry" he said, while still laughing.

"Don't ever do that again" I said while turning around and walking forward, jumping slightly over the water. I felt him ran after me since I heard his footsteps on the water.

"See you having fun?" he said while walking next to me. I ignored him and looked up at the sky, the sky being so clear. There were no clouds so the stars were shown so beautifully.

"Gorgeous, isn't it?" he asked me. I shook my head, realizing that he wouldn't even see it in the dark.

"Actually no. From afar, everything looks more beautiful. Like, just take a person. How many times did we see someone from afar and thought they were beautiful but when we looked closely, they had a lot of imperfections. Stars are nothing but bricks, flying through the universe. They are ugly from near, not having anything special. Its something else that makes them look beautiful" I said my thoughts out loud. He took a second before replying.

"The sun" he said, making me nod.

"Exactly. So you are not that dumb after all" I joked, while walking a little faster. He just made a little sound like a growl and walked faster too.

"Maybe sometimes you should just look at things from the distance" he said, going to a whole different point. I thought about it for a second.

"Maybe, but won't that make you want to be near and know everything about it, and when you do, you change your mind because of the things that you didn't see from afar?" I asked him.

"That could be true, if you only looked from a distance at the outside. How can you know? Maybe these bricks, as you call the stars, are so amazing from the inside but are protected since beautiful things need to be protected" he said, making my eyes widen. He was smarter than I thought.

"You always look at things from the weirdest views possible" I said, looking at him. Even his blue eyes were black now.

"Well, that's how I survive" he told me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Random Fact: My whole world crashed when I found out that stars didn't look like I thought they looked, like the one we always draw.