No one's league

Chapter

I was walking down the hall at school with my books in my hands. My locker was always so far away from the center of the school, which meant I had to walk a lot. It was always such a drama to get there, since it was always crowded and people were pushing each other. This day it wasn't that crowded and I started observing the people around me. Couples were touching each other like crazy. I turned my head to the opposite side. I hated watching it and I hated everything like that before marriage. Like, how would you know that you break up tomorrow? And as if these hormonal teenage dudes are serious. They just use their bodies for their own desires and I would never let someone take advantage of me like that. If someone wants to be with me they should want it because of my personality. I think that I am the only one who thinks like that though. Suddenly my eyes fell on someone that I had never seen before. She was looking at me, which was the reason she caught my attention. She kept staring and after that smiled at me. I didn't do anything back since it was so weird that she did that. I shook my head slightly and walked towards my locker, ignoring her stare on me.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell from beside me. When I saw who it was I abused him with my books. He just laughed hysterically and even though I hit him hard, he was acting like I didn't even touch him.

"Don't ever scare me like that again! This is the second time, Noah" I said which made him laugh harder.

"You should've seen your face, priceless!" he said back while trying to block me from hitting him again.

"Why are you so annoying?!" I asked him while I closed my locker and started walking. He followed me since we had the same class.

"Because I'm bored" he said, putting his hands in his pockets.

"So you only come and talk to me when you are bored?" I asked him. Even though I asked it playfully, it did hurt me. People always came up to me when they were bored, as if I was entertaining enough to make them feel not bored anymore.

"Don't think things I never said, Nila" he replied, catching me off guard. I really expected something like 'yeah, kinda', but he didn't do that. I looked him in the eyes and he shook his head as in asking me what was wrong.

"Nothing" I said, while getting into the class. He then abruptly stopped talking and walked towards the back, to Black and his group. I sat down a bit near them, craving for the conversation they hold together. I wanted to know how he was next to his friends.

"Why did you come in with that freak?" Matt asked, which I knew was about me. It made me feel a little ashamed. I didn't know what was wrong with me. I didn't understand why I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Noah.

"Because I was bored and just needed some entertainment" he replied, making my heart sink. I really thought he was going to reply something like he did to me. I let my hands wander around my neck, towards the necklace. The sudden betrayal didn't feel right, even though I couldn't blame him.

"Ooooh, so you got some? Black, dude, Noah got some from your sist-"

"Shut up Matt, nothing happened. She is waaay out of my league, come on, me and her?" he cut Matt off, making my eyes widen. Not that I felt anything like that to him, but him being disgusted with me made me question of why he was around me. Suddenly someone sat down next to me and I saw that it was the creepy girl from earlier.

"Hi, my name is Patricia, but you can call me Pat" she said while extending her hand.

~~~~~~~~
Random Fact: I had a friend with a mum named Patricia, and I don't know how I came up with that name.