Secrets.

Paige

I always thought that I wouldn't make it this far. Finally breaking free from my father. I should be happy, but I'm not. What I'm worried about is my mom. I haven't seen or talked to her since the incident at the school. Is she doing okay? Did she get arrested as well? After Mr. And Ms. Rollins came to the school and told the officers that they would let me stay with them, I've been a bit down. I'm grateful for my friends speaking up and helping me. I don't think I would have ever had the courage to do it myself.

'I've got my friends at the house who already paid me. What's coming to you is well deserved'

The words keep repeatedly playing in my head, over and over again like a broken record.

When's it gonna happen?

Who knows. It could happen at the most unexpected time.

I haven't been back to school since the incident took place. Its now going on a week. Mr Heart excused me from the rest of my detentions and is understanding on me not returning just yet. I'm not ready to face everyone at school just yet. Not ready to be judged, or put down. Seth has been such a big help over the past week. The only time he leaves my side is when he has to go to school, which he didn't even want to do at all.

"Go to school Seth! She'll be just fine here at home!" His mom yelled at him Wednesday morning.

His mom and dad have been treating me like one of there own and I'm thankful that they've been helping me threw this as well.

Seth brings my homework home for me, with the help of Dean and Roman. He helps me with the work and helps me understand how to do it so when I do return to my classes, I won't be behind or confused. He's such a great guy and I honestly don't know what I did to deserve such a Sweetheart in my life.

My headphones are blaring in my ears and my pen is tapping up against the desk in Seth's room as I try to focus on my History report. We started the last semester of the school year on Thursday so my classes got switched. Its confusing.

I've got my own room across the hallway, but I haven't been in it much. I've only been sleeping in it at night, otherwise I've been in Seth's room. Its hard to be alone, but during the day I deal with it. I won't let him skip any of his classes because of me. I'd rather be left alone then him being in trouble.

I should get back into the swing of school very soon. I'm just nervous.

I see the bedroom door open and I look up to see Nikki standing in the doorway, smiling at me.

Shouldn't she be in school?

I pull out my headphones and give her a soft smile.

"What are you doing here? How'd you get in? Shouldn't you be in class?" I ask, closing my history textbook and setting my pen on the desk.

"You know its really cute to see you wearing Seth's shirts." She says, smiling. "But to answer your multiple question's, I'm here to take you out. Ms Rollins let me in and yes I should be in class. You should be to."

I roll my eyes "I don't want to go anywhere."

"I don't care. I'm not taking you to school if that's what your thinking. Were gonna go out and have a day to just me and you." She says, walking into the room and shitting the door behind her.

"So, like a girls day?" I ask, cocking a brow.

"Exactly. So go get dressed and meet me outside" She says, smiling.

"If were gonna do a girls day, don't we need Brie?" I ask, standing up off the chair.

"She's in the car. She didn't want Ms Rollins yelling at her" She chuckles.

"Did she yell at you?" I ask as I walk across the hallway to my room.

"Sorta. She asked me why I wasn't in school and told me it wasn't good for me to be cutting class." She says, following me.

"It isn't. You shouldn't let me stop you from going to school" I point out as I pull out a pair of black jeans.

"I'll be fine missing a couple classes. The guys wanted to come, but I told them let me and Brie have the day with you" She says as I get dressed.

"How's Seth doing in school?" I ask.

I'm aware of the bond Seth and Nikki share. There best friends and I'm okay with that. The same as he's okay with The bond Me and Roman share.

"He's a bit down when were in school. He misses having you around during the day. Other then that he's doing good." She says.

"Nobody's messing with him right?" I ask referring to Bubba, Sasha, Naomi and Tamina.

"Nope. There trying to get Roman going again though." She says.

"How?" I ask as I walk back into Seth's room.

"Sasha keeps trying to be all up on him and he tries to get her off him. Dean had to grab him because he was gonna hit her at lunch." She says as I gather my things.

"What?! Why?!" I ask.

"She was talking trash about you again. It was getting to him. He's been acting different since the incident. He hasn't been himself." She explains.

I think back on that day. He was gonna tell me something before Mr Dunbeck interrupted us. I haven't talked to him since then. Roman's got a temper, yes. It takes a lot to piss him off though. He's never reacted like that when something is said about me though.

I shake the thoughts from my mind. I need to go have some fun, get out of the house for a bit.

"Paige?" Nikki asks.

"Yeah?"

"Since you aren't listening, let's go" She says, rolling her eyes as she walks out the room.

"Nikki!" I yell as I run down the stairs after her ''I was listening!"

"I know. You were trying to figure out why he's been acting strange." She says.

"Do you know why?" I ask.

"I Do." She nods.

"I'm going out for a bit Ms Rollins!" I call out.

"Alright! Stay safe!"

"I will!"

I shut the door behind me and follow Nikki.

"If you know, tell me." I say as we walk up to the car.

"I can't. I would love to tell you, but I can't. I made a promise to Rome I wouldn't say anything." She sighs, opening the drivers side door "he'll tell you when the times right"

"When is that gonna be? If its bad, I can help him"

"With this one, either you'll help him back up, or push him down. There is no in between. The choice is yours when he does decide to tell you." She says before getting in.