"...but he came back." (13/04/16)

Every single piece of him she had in her and she ever remembered had been long removed and erased from her cells, her blood, her sane head.

All of it has leaked through the cracks of her broken heart, slowly pouring out as he made a wound on her skin that it flows out with the blood, until eventually, she's all left with nothing but a torn heart and bent bones.

If she was imperfect back then, she is now damaged.

He left. He left without a word or a small indication that he's not coming back. He never looked back and he never said something about regretting the decision he made. He just... went.

He said he wanted her to be with him whenever he takes a breath, wherever he takes a step forward, whatever he's doing. He said he wanted her to go through his struggles with him and to laugh even when times are impossible. He wanted her and nothing else.

He said.

And for how he ended everything that was too beautiful to her to toss away, she hates him.

She hates how easily he said the words I love you and just be gone. She hates that he could set aside all the wonderful things they did together and chose to go alone. hate the way he made her fall in love with him over and over again. She hates him because he left her.

But he came back. He really did. He came back to claim that her broken heart was his to fix. He came back to refill the pieces of him back into her system. He came back to straighten those terribly bent bones. He said, for the damage caused upon her, was his responsibility.

She hates him again. She hates him for coming back after 6 empty months of desperation, yearning and sorrow. She hates him for leaving her and now saying that she was his to be responsible for.

She hates him for making her let him fix her.

---

A/N: you're gonna wanna read vanilla_coffee's version of this story ('When It Started') bc it's really cute- I'm a big fan (of hers, ayyy). It's sort of our thing. We give each other phrases or plots and challenge ourselves to write a short story. So go check out hers!

If you enjoyed this, do vote!