Indigo

I stood in the heavy wind, feeling it slapping heartlessly against my cheeks, pushing my hair back harshly, sticking my clothes onto my torso I had to suck in my stomach for when, just in case, anyone else out here was looking at me. I watched as the clouds run faster to the direction of the spring wind, covering the gold moon that was beyond my reach to a complete darkness in the sky. I breathe in deeply, finally filling my lungs with some fresh air.

I was frozen. In the dead of night, I was standing in the middle of nowhere, gazing up at the clouds. Where am I? How did I get here? Was I sleepwalking?

I looked around to see a place- a place that was only familiar during daylight. A field of grass was beneath my bare feet. An emptiness was surrounding me. Even the streets were oddly quiet. I tilted my head up to see the indigo sky, just in case I'd find my answer there, but all I saw was an empty blue canvas with porcelain dots scattered in it.

It looked beautiful.

I looked down at my bare feet, at my black polished toenails, and suddenly I fell in love with the feeling of the grass against my skin. I loved the pleasing sharpness and irritation. I loved the dampness of the dirt. I loved it that I could stay here as long as my heart beats.

But oh my god, I was in my nightie.

Oh well, the sky is still indigo.

---

A/n: this was my first short story in 2016 (i think), written as a draft in messaging (which about 20% of the other entries originated from lol). Probably because I was just pretending to text someone... this story doesn't even make sense lol