To him

He asked me where I was through text.

I looked around. The hustle and bustle of the crowd trying to meet the people they had been wanting to see and take pictures with made it difficult to see the only one I was looking for. I had no idea what colour was he wearing, how he would look like in his brand-new clothes, but I knew for sure his eyes, his mouth, his skin, his height.

Having used to being alone, I found it hard to keep my chin up and meet eyes of the people I didn't mean to have eye contact with. I wasn't confident and was clueless about human interaction. I had isolated myself from the cruel world and only lived the life in books and movies. I didn't have friends. I didn't intend to. I had never fell in love...

...until him.

I craned my neck and there he was, in the colour of the warm ocean with a smile as bright as the biggest star. His cheeks were blushed and his eyes were frantic. My heart panicked.

Never in my life I thought I would be in love. I never believed in love. You like someone and they like you back, but time keeps ticking and your heart changes. What is love, anyway? Only literates would understand.

But with him- when I look at him- I understand. Not love, but the concept. How it feels like, how you feel when they're around, how beautiful everything can be even with its flaws.

I caught his eyes and he smiled, waving at me with one of the hands that had touched me. I beamed. My god, have I ever smiled this wide? My heartbeat was laughter.

With lighter footsteps, I approached to him. He never failed to bring happiness to every single atom of my entire being. My heart was beating drums. My mind was singing with love. My body felt like dancing.

And there we were, standing right in front of each other, falling harder within every second passing.

A/n: thank you for the inspiration, git.