Love

"I want to fall in love."

The words choked her on their way out and that forces out tears from her eyes. It's a reflex action, but it's also the heart's wants. It wants to cry. In front of somebody.

He watches her pitifully, unable to come up with a comfort- a lie- and the only thing he can manage to do for her is to give her a warm rub against her sweater-covered arm. "Then love," he tells her, in hope that he could be the one her heart averts its attention to, the one her emotions burst on.

She smiles. It is one of the sad smiles- her eyes depict it all. With a sigh heaved out, she says, "I can't. And I never will."

He doesn't understand why. Falling in love is easy, isn't it? Being caught is the hardest part, and waiting- just waiting- to be caught is the most painful. So why can't she love? Why won't she ever will?

"I am cursed," she whispers in between tears and dying heartbeats. "I am unable to feel. I can't look at someone and feel. What are feelings? I've forgotten them."

In attempt to make her feel anything at all, he reaches to push a strand of hair behind her ear. She doesn't understand. She doesn't feel anything at all.

"My poetry the truth. My prayer the evidence. I wished to never feel again."

---

[12/03/17]