Midnight

One day, you'll be sitting in the passenger's seat in the middle of the night in your lover's car, singing along to your favourite songs with the windows down, feeling the wind in your hair, against your cheeks, strong enough to blow your pain away. You'll be smiling broadly, screaming at the top of your lungs to the lyrics of the songs you never knew you know the words to, not caring about how terrible you sound like.

Or you could be in your room, lying next to him, cuddling up with who you call your home is. You'll be tracing letters to the words "I love you" on his bare skin as he twists his fingers around your messy hair. You'll be whispering to him on how much he means to you and how you always want to be with him. You'll have him fall asleep in your arms or shoulder or stomach, and it will be one of the best feelings in the world.

Or in some days, he'll watch you fall asleep. He'll know what a bad snorer you are. He'll find your odd sleeping position funny. He'll be the victim of violence every time he tries to wake you up. He'll watch you sleep and there you are without makeup, probably with your mouth wide open and saliva running down your chin.

Or there will be a point in the period of the two of you where you act crazy. When you yell at him as if you're the only one left in the world. When you wouldn't admit you're wrong. When you fight so hard for yourself instead of for the both of you. When the mascara runs down your face with your non-stop streaming tears. When you cannot breathe because you were too angry or too upset or too disappointed.

And he will still love you. He will love you no matter what. He will love you unconditionally. He will love you when your smile is as bright as the sun, and he will love you when your soul becomes dark as the midnight sky.

---

[20/08/16] 00:25