After years

She curls up in the bed like a foetus in a womb, hating the fresh scent of linen and looking hard for his. The bed is cold, the other side is empty- she is alone.

Her thumb plays around her lower lip, missing his lips touching hers. The way they press against hers, the way they let out breaths on her, the way they bite... She smiles. The thought of him makes her whole body warm.

She remembers all of the first-times they did together. Kiss. Love. Road trip. Date. Movie. All the memories flood into her mind and play like a whole new directed movie. Just you and me, he would say.

He had touched every inch of her skin. Whatever part of her body, she would always remember him. He had been there. No matter what she does, touches, reads, listens, smells, she's always reminded of him. He is everything. He is everywhere.

She misses him so much.

The door of her bedroom swings open all of a sudden, and she jumps in surprise. He climbs onto the bed they share and wraps his arms around the love of his life. He gives her a peck on the cheek and she gives him a kiss on the nose. Their smiles brighten up the dark room. None of them has ever smiled like this before they met each other.

"How was your day?" She asks, still under him as he props his left arm to be above her.

And they talk and laugh and make fun of the world and it's just the two of them in the dark room with bright eyes and glowing cheeks. In that moment, nothing matters anymore- just her, just him, and the bed in hope that it won't break down to their weights. In that moment, all the shit they just went through slips away to the deepest pits of their entire beings. And in that moment, it's just them against the world.

Even though he's talking, all she can hear is the mad beating of his heart. After years of being together, waiting in life for 2 cups of Starbucks, making a mess in the kitchen, screaming and yelling at each other's faces, kissing and cuddling in this exact same room, she is glad his heart still beats like the first time he ever held her this close to him- and that his heart is still as rapid as hers.

---

A/n: my god pls i want a love life like this.

[07/10/16]