Posting a Selfie

You were currently sitting on your couch watching TV, while Niall was busy in his own studio room in the house you shared. He was writing some new songs but was also recording small demos on his phone for referring back to, later on.

You'd been living together for the past year and you'd been together 6 months previous to that. He always made you feel so special. even with the smallest compliments.

Because of him, you felt beautiful.

Your Instagram account was what some people would call 'goals'. I mean, what was not to love about it? It had a specific theme and pattern, making it one of the nicest rated accounts on the social networking site. Niall's was also amazing, but he didn't have a theme or anything, he just went with it.

Whilst you were sitting on your couch, you scrolled through your Photos app, reminiscing on all the good memories you'd had, some with Niall and some without.

As you were scrolling through, you found a selfie that you hadn't yet posted but it was one that really made you feel beautiful. You had a natural makeup look on, with your hair curled from braids you'd had in the previous night. Your hair just fell into a natural position, but it looked perfect. It was also summer so you had on a singlet romper on with sunflowers covering it. You could only see the top of the romper, but that's what made you love the photo.

You loved that selfie but you didn't know why you hadn't posted it yet.

After deciding to post it, you opened up your favourite editing app and edited the photo to perfection, making sure it fit your theme before putting a white background around it.

Once you were satisfied, you opened the Instagram app before adding a caption.

'summertime, butterflies, all belong to your creation.'

It was appropriate, right? It was summertime and the lyric was one of your favourite off your boyfriend and his bandmate's album.

You looked over the photo, completely satisfied before clicking post.

Niall had your post notifications on while you also had his on to make sure you didn't miss anything. You were hoping the notification wouldn't disturb him while he was writing, but you posted it anyway.

All of a sudden, you heard Niall scream from his studio. "THAT'S MY FUCKING GIRL. MY BABY GIRL. YES." You heard him yell.

You don't know why, but you suddenly burst into tears hearing that. All your life you'd dreamed about finding a guy that loves you for who you are and that treat's you like a princess. You've finally found that guy and you couldn't be happier with him.

~Niall's POV~

I'm currently in my studio writing songs for the new album. I love doing this and it's always been my dream.

I'm interrupted by my phone vibrating and I immediately check who the notification is from, my heart racing when I see Y/N posted a photo on Instagram. I have her notifications on so that I always know when she posts, just like I think she has mine.

I swipe the notification, typing the password into my phone before I wait for the photo.

As soon as I see it, my eyes widen and I feel on top of the world. Fuck. She's the most beautiful girl in the world and she's all mine.

"THAT'S MY FUCKING GIRL. MY BABY GIRL. YES." I scream. I can't help the yell, she's so stunning and I can't help but fall for her even more.

She hasn't shown me this photo before, but she looks incredible. Her hair is perfect as always and you can just see her summery dress or rom- what is it called? I don't know but it's the dress thing. I don't have any knowledge with women's fashion but I know my girl loves those things. She's so fucking perfect and she's all mine.

I immediately get out of my chair and walk into the living room where she is, her phone in hand. I see tears rolling down her face and I quickly run up to her and kiss her cheek.

"What's wrong baby?" I ask, confused.

"Y-you-" She stutters, cut off by her tears. Shit, what did I do? " You're so a-amazing, I-I love you so much." She gets out.

"I love you so much baby, but where's this coming from?" I ask, still confused by her behaviour. I rub her back, calming her down a bit. She waits to catch her breath before answering.

"Your reaction to the photo I posted. I've always dreamed since I was little to find someone that treats me like a princess and I finally found my prince. I guess I just never expected a photo of me to get that reaction from anyone, but you've just made me feel so loved and beautiful and I can't thank you enough, Ni." She says.

AWWW, I didn't know how just that one comment could really make a girl feel so beautiful but I guess it does. "Aww baby, you're so cute." I let out a small chuckle. "As long as you're with me, which I'm hoping is forever, I'm gonna try my best to make you feel like a princess, baby girl. You're so stunning and that's not just your looks. I fell for you because of your amazing personality, your looks were just a bonus. But you're my girl and you're so fucking beautiful. I love you so much." I say, wiping her tears and giving her a kiss.

She's so beautiful and I hope she sees that. 

{Author's Note}

If you guys haven't already, please go check out Universal_Syndrome's book! She's honestly such an amazing writer and she's so sweet. She deserves so much love so please go and check out her book! Thank you so much! x

She also gave me motivation to keep writing and I really appreciate it, thank you so much. Also to anyone who has voted/commented on my book so far, thank you! You guys are amazing :) hope you enjoy this one X.