Christmas Reunion

Request by mnh0826, sorry, I changed the plot a bit but I hope you like it anyway :)

Each year, your family travelled to a different country for Christmas, a tradition they had both done since they were little. When you were born, they continued with the tradition, making it something that you'll carry on if you have children.

This year, you were spending Christmas in Ireland, something you'd planned last Christmas. Your ex-boyfriend, Niall, was also going to be there as he is every year, so you were hoping you didn't bump into him.

You and Niall had met in New York City one year when you decided to travel around the States and see some more well known sites. Ever since then, you were inseparable and you went on tour with Niall when you could and you even lived together for a few months before a huge fight tore the two of you apart.

It's been 2 months since the break up now and you were slowly moving on. This was the hardest break up you'd been through, considering you both were so serious about the relationship. 

You were walking around the heart of Mullingar, the place you were coincidentally staying at, looking at all of the Christmas features. You're walking past all of the closed shops that have their lights on and decorations up, your parents with you.

You continue walking and looking at the Christmas decorations before you hear your parents talking to someone. 

"Maura! Bobby! Good to see you guys again." You hear your mum say.

Oh shit.

You turn around, putting on the biggest smile you could force.

"Good to see you guys too! Y/N, how are you darling?" Maura says, pulling your parents and you into a hug, Bobby doing the same.

"I'm good thank you Maura, how are you?" You say.

"I'm good darling. I wish I saw you more often though." She says.

"I'm sorry Maura, it's just not really possible anymore with the conditions." You say, referring to the break up.

"I understand sweetheart, but just because you and Niall aren't together, doesn't mean I can't see you anymore." She smiles softly, you doing the same.

"Well, what are you guys doing here?" Bobby asks.

"We go somewhere new every year for Christmas and we planned to come here last Christmas." Your dad answers.

"Where are you celebrating Christmas?" Maura asks.

"We're not really doing anything. We don't know anyone here so we're just going to maybe go for a walk and cook some turkey or ham." Your mum says, giggling.

"Why don't you all join us for Christmas this year?" Maura says.

"Would that be a good idea?" Your mum says, not sure what to say.

"It'll be fine. Maybe Y/N and Niall can catch up a bit too." Bobby says.

"I don't think he'd want to see me but I think we'd love to spend Christmas with you. It's not about our relationship, it's about the people we love and are most grateful for." You smile.

"We'll see you on Christmas then, yeah? Come around whenever you're ready and we'll serve lunch around 12pm." Maura replies. 

"We'll see you then, Maura, thank you." Your mum says, all of you saying goodbye as you separate and continue your walk.

"You excited to see Niall again?" Your dad questions after a few minutes of walking in silence.

"Um, I guess but I don't know how it's going to go or how he'll react when he sees me again. He was the one who ended what we had." You say, your mood dropping at the thought.

-

You walk up to the house you'd only visited a few times, knocking on the door and waiting for someone to open it. The door opens seconds later, Maura greeting you.

"Guys, I'm so glad you're here! Merry Christmas!" She says, pulling both you and your parents into hugs.

"Thank you for inviting us, Maura. Merry Christmas." Your mum says.

Maura opens the door wider, stepping aside for you to walk in. Your nerves are at an all time high because the last time you saw Niall, he told you that loving you was his biggest mistake and regret.

You all walk into the living room, seeing Greg, Denise, Theo, Niall and Bobby. Theo runs up to you as soon as he sees you. He's always had a soft spot for you and you've always had a soft spot for him.

"Hi Theo, how are you darling?" You ask.

"Good." He giggles as you bend down to him him.

"That's good." You say, bopping his nose.

"Y/N, long time no see, yeah? How are you?" Greg says, walking over to you.

"It's been a while Greg." You giggle. "I'm good thank you, how about you?" You say.

"I'm good, thank you." He smiles.

You greet Bobby as well and then Niall.

"Hi Niall." You say.

"Hi." He says, a small, forced-looking smile on his face as he looks at you.

-

Everyone left the room, leaving only you and Niall in the room.

"So, how've you been?" You ask Niall, trying to reduce the awkwardness felt.

"I've been good." He says. 

"That's good." You say as you force a smile.

"I know we've been done for a while now, Niall and you've probably moved on already, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I really didn't mean for this to happen and I can't even remember what we fought about but I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're happy now though without me." You say to Niall.

"I'm sorry too. I lied before, I'm not good and I'm definitely not happy without you Y/N. I've missed you so much these past 2 months and I can't deny it. I also can't deny that I'm still in love with you. I hope we can be at least friends again." He says softly, completely catching you off guard.

"I hope so too." You say, moving to go over to him. He stands up, walking over to you also. When he reaches you, he pulls you in for a hug, his arms wrapping completely around your waist.

"Can I kiss you?" He whispers.

"I'd like that." You smile as Niall leans in to place a kiss on your lips. You feel the spark that you always felt and you can't deny that. 

You pull back, the smile on both of your faces as wide as possible.

"What does this mean?" You ask.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. I'm so sorry, I need you back in my life. Can we give us another try?" He pleads.

"I think so." You smile, pulling him into another kiss.

"Aww, look at the lovebirds, they've made up. I'm so happy." Maura says, giggling as she walks into the room.

"I'm so happy too." Niall says, looking down at you with a smile, a smile rising on your face too.

"Merry Christmas Niall." You say.

"Merry Christmas Y/N. I missed you so much."

Author's Note:

I feel like this is really similar to my "Awkward Christmas Day" story but the request was different and I sort of trailed away from the request oops. I hope you enjoyed this anyway!

4TH UPDATE OF THE DAY WHOOP WHOOP. I hope you all enjoyed the spam and this is definitely the last update from me today haha. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all, I hope you're having an amazing day (saying this for the 5th time today). xx