Guitar Lessons

Unedited so sorry for any mistakes :)

"Ni, will you teach me guitar?" You randomly blurt out one night while you're cuddling with Niall and watching a movie. 

"'Course Princess. What makes you want to do it?" He asks, his attention on you now, the movie in the background.

"I've wanted to for a while and every time I see you playing it, it makes me want to learn too because you always have a smile on your face and you're always talking about how fun it is." You say, turning to face him and snuggle in closer.

"You're so cute." He chuckles. "Of course I can teach you baby girl, you want to learn now?" He asks.

"Really?" 

"Definitely. Hold on, I'll get a guitar for both of us and we'll start off with an easy song." Niall says, getting up to grab 2 guitars off of his famous 'guitar wall' in the living room.

He walks over to you, handing you one as he sits down again, one in his hand also.

"Let's start off with Wonderwall, I think that was the first song I ever learnt and probably the easiest." He says. "Ok, well, first I'll teach you some of the chords you need to know." 

10 minutes later, you've learn all of the chords you need to know for the song and you're going to try and perform it all together.

"When do I start?" You ask.

"How 'bout you start whenever you're ready and I'll join in so we go at your pace and you don't have to join in."

"Sounds good." You reply, getting ready to start.

You start strumming the guitar, the first part sounding alright until you get to the middle of the song.

"Fuck, this is so hard." You say.

"You'll learn in time, baby girl. Be patient and I promise it'll come to you." Niall reassures. "What if I sit behind you and we play together, will that help?" He asks.

"I'd like that." You reply, shuffling forwards to leave space for Niall to squeeze behind you. He shifts his body so that you're sitting right between his legs and he leans forward to kiss your cheek. 

You learn this way for a little while longer; you playing with his fingers on top of yours, guiding them. By the end of the night, you've learnt the full song of Wonderwall and you're so happy. The guitar is so much fun to play.

It's now the day after and Niall asked if you wanted to learn another song, which you happily agreed to. 

"What song today baby?" He asks as you're sat in the same position as yesterday.

"Umm, I want to do one of your songs." You say, a smile on your face as Niall's face lights up too.

"Well, what about Little Things? That's a pretty easy one." He says, a big smile on his face.

"Little Things it is." You decide.

This is what the next few weeks consisted of at night, learning to play guitar. You'd already mastered so many songs and you were so happy. You'd even learned 'This Town' on it.

"Babe, I have a question." Niall says after you'd put the guitar back up on the wall and you go to sit back down.

"Yeah?" You ask.

"Um, you've been getting really good at the guitar recently and I wanted to know if you wanted to play with me on stage at my next Jingle Ball performance?" He asks, your jaw dropping.

"Are you being serious right now?" You ask, still in complete shock.

"100 percent baby, only if you want to." He says.

"Ni, I'm not good enough for that."

"Don't ever say that again please, you're amazing. It blows my mind how far you've come, only starting to learn a few weeks ago and I really want you to join me. Plus, if you feel you need a bit more practice, we can always do that too." He says.

"I've only come this far because I've got the best teacher." You say, reaching both of your hands to go on either side of his face.

"Damn right." You both chuckle. "I'm joking baby, but will you?"

"That's not a joke, you really are the best. Um, sure I guess. I'll need a lot of practice though." You answer.

"We can do that. I'm so excited, I love you so much." 

-

"So tonight, I have a special guest coming to help me out with this. I've still only got the one song, but recently, Y/N has started learning guitar and tonight, she's here to join me. She's very nervous, but I know she'll do fine. Please welcome my lovely girlfriend, Y/N." Niall says as you walk on stage after, thousands of screams coming at you.

Niall leans in to kiss you, the whole audience cheering even louder causing you to laugh.

"'m ready whenever you are baby." He says. He was going to join in when you started because you still weren't confident joining in the middle.

You start to play the string softly, Niall following in your procedures. As both you and Niall play the guitar, Niall sings also. The words come out of his mouth so softly, rolling off of his tongue. As you're playing the song, you completely forget you're doing it, the only thing on your mind is Niall.

You're looking over at him the whole time, a smile on your face as he looks at you occasionally too. The way he looks at you is undeniably the most incredible thing and you're so blessed to have him. 

Without realising, you near the end of the song. Once you finish, you receive cheers from the whole stadium as you wait for them to calm down, Niall beginning a little speech afterwards.

"Thank you so much New York, this was a very special performance for me with Y/N being up here on stage with me and you've made it even more special, so thank you. Thank you Y/N for doing this with me, I love you to the moon and back." Niall says, looking at you as he says the last part.

"I promise next time I come back here, I'll have a few more tunes for ya but until then, this is all I have. Thank you so much for having me and Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to everyone. I love you all, thank you." Niall finishes, grabbing your hand as you walk off stage together.

"You did amazing baby girl, I'm so proud of you." He says as soon as you walk off stage, turning to wrap his arms around your waist.

"I got lost in the performance when I was looking at you and I completely forgot I was playing." You chuckle, as does Niall.

"I'm so lucky to have you, thank you so much for doing this with me. I love you so much baby girl." Niall says, a kiss being placed on your lips.

"I love you more." You argue.

"Not even possible." 

Author's Note: 

Yay, another longer one! I hope you guys liked this. I feel like I write really cheesy stuff but I guess you guys seem to like it. This is a kind of cute idea I thought of before I went to sleep last night and I wanted to get it out for you guys so I hope you did like it :)

I also really want to start learning guitar so I mean, if Niall's up to it then he can definitely teach me😂

Thank you so much for the love on my 100k post also, you're all amazing. I've also gained over 1k since then and I can't explain the love I have for you all. You're so incredible and I love you so much, thank you xx