13 Reasons Why (Imagine + Important A/N)

(Imagine below and please read the A/N at the end as well as this one please) I promise there's no spoilers so it's safe to read on! Also, if any of you are having a hard time or anything's going through your mind and you're suffering, please know that there's so many people there for you even if you think there isn't and I'm one of them so you can always talk to me :) I love you guys so much and please know that everything will be okay, even when you think it wont and if what you're going through isn't going to matter in 5 years, don't spend more than 5 minutes thinking about it, my motto  xx

Right now, you and Niall were sat in bed watching 13 Reasons Why. You'd seen the hype about the show all over social media and decided to watch it too, and Niall wanted to watch with you. You'd just finished the 12th episode and you were moving onto the 13th episode.

Once you finish the 13th episode, you see Niall pull out his phone from his spot beside you. "What're you doing Ni?"

"Just writing a tweet. Gosh, what happened to her was terrible." He says and you see a tear roll down his face. Bullying and hate is a very sensitive topic for him considering how much hate he gets as a pop star and the show really affected him. You pull him in for a hug, kissing his forehead before letting go.

He turned his focus back on the tweet and begins typing. Seconds later, you get a series of notifications and reach over to your phone to grab it. You click on your screen and see you've got a bunch of tweet notifications from Niall, seeing as you have his notifications on.

(keep reading below, there is more and these are just fake tweets that I thought I'd include)

'My girl just had me watch 13 reasons why with her and gosh . what happened to Hannah was terrible and nobody should ever have ta go through that .'

'It shouldn't take a tv show to make people realise what one thing can do to a person and we never know what is goin on in someones life but please watch what ya say and how ya treat people

'It shouldn't take a tv show to make people realise what one thing can do to a person and we never know what is goin on in someones life but please watch what ya say and how ya treat people .'

'It could hurt them more than we think and it really is terrible

'It could hurt them more than we think and it really is terrible . Especially on the internet as well so please be kind to people . .'

"You're so amazing Ni, it's good to see you standing up for things like this." You say.

"Well the way people treat others sometimes is ridiculous and nobody should have to go through what Hannah and the other people went through." He says, sniffling softly.

"That's very true. You really are amazing Niall, I'm so lucky to have you." You kiss his forehead.

"I love you too princess. Can you please talk to me if anything like that ever goes through your mind or if you're getting hate because I really don't want anything like that to ever happen to anyone I know or anyone in general." He says.

"I promise I will, and you do the same for me?" 

"Of course. I usually break down in tears when something is bothering me anyway." He says, a chuckle coming after.

"But that's what you need. It's good to get things out."

"I love you so much."

Author's Note:

This is honestly one of the shortest things I've written but I just finished this show yesterday and I wanted to say a few things (I won't spoil anything). I really do think the way this show was produced, that it got the message out to young people especially because so many young people are watching the series. Even the smallest thing you say can send someone over the edge and I know sometimes you get frustrated or you get angry at someone but please just cool down and refrain from saying anything. Before you say anything rude to anyone, think about how guilty you would feel if you contributed to their death because you never know how much someone is really suffering inside (I know that seems harsh, but it is the reality for a lot of people). 

I've been through it myself. I'm getting better but I did have a really tough period in my life and even the smallest things people said to me really affected me and I honestly thought about giving up so many times. Even if it is the smallest thing, after being bullied and going through such a tough time for so long, it can affect someone in more ways than you think. 

Please, please, watch what you say to people and how you treat them. Keep the people you love close to you and tell them you love them because you never know when it could be the last. I love you guys and I'm always here to talk xx