Christmas Eve Fight

If you haven't read my last chapter, this is the same type of idea but instead of both of your families being there, it's when you have a family of your own and the make up is a lot earlier in the storyline! Enjoy :) *Not edited*

"Babe, I need to tell you something." Niall says, walking into the bedroom where you lay on the bed.

"Yeah Ni?" You reply.

"Um, I have to go into the studio tonight and stay until probably late tomorrow night." Niall says, his voice turning into a whisper as he approaches the end of his sentence.

"You what?" You say shocked, not knowing if he was being serious or not.

"I have to go to the studio, I hope you're not mad." He says softly.

"Why do you have to go to the studio on fucking Christmas? Can't they let you have at least one day with your family?" You say, your voice raising.

"I'm sorry, I tried everything and I can't get out of it. They said I'm behind on where they expected me to be and I have to go in tonight because they're taking a break after tomorrow. I'm so sorry baby." 

"No, don't fucking 'sorry' me. This is the one day of the year, apart from your childrens' birthdays that I expect you to be home. It's not hard." You say, your voice still loud but not loud enough to wake your children up who were napping.

"I tried everything, Y/N! They won't let me have the day off." Niall says, his voice raising too.

"How do you expect me to tell your own children that you won't be home for Christmas? How, Niall?"

"Y/N, I can't fucking help that they need me at my job. I thought you supported me in this?" He screams.

"You know I do, I'm always behind you but you at least deserve one day off on Christmas and it's not fucking fair to us either Niall." 

"I'm sorry Y/N. I can't help it that they need me." Niall says, his voice still raised.

"And what about us Niall? We need you too." You scream.

"I don't have time for this Y/N, you know I have to be there. I'm going now, I'll see you tomorrow night." He says, picking up his bag and walking out the door.

-

'Just letting you know, I'm not going to be the one telling my children that their father won't be home for Christmas. I'm not breaking their hearts like that, so good luck with telling them.'  You write, sending the message to Niall.

'First off, they're not 'your' children, they're my fucking children too Y/N so stop acting childish. Second, you know I fucking had to be here and if you have a problem, you talk to management yourself but you'll get into so much shit for it because they can be nasty so I'm warning you.' Niall replies, quicker than you expected if he's so 'busy' at the studio.

'Fuck off. I'd rather not see you now.'  You reply. 

-

Niall just called your children, telling them he wouldn't be home for Christmas and obviously, it broke their heart. 

You couldn't bare to see them like this but 

-

You wake up to your children jumping on your bed. Your eyes open and your eyes adjust to the light.

"What are you cheeky kids doing up so early?" You laugh at your over-excited children, sitting up when your eyes open fully.

"Santa came! Santa came!" They chant with joy, causing you to laugh.

"Alright, kiddos. Let's go downstairs and open presents." You say, causing them to jump off your bed and run downstairs.

By the time you get downstairs, your two children are already ripping through the paper of their presents. You hear keys jiggling in the door, beginning to worry. Niall was the only one apart from you with keys and he wouldn't be home until late tonight.

You run over to the door just as it opens, revealing a messy-haired and tired-looking Niall.

"What are you doing here?" You say, shocked by his appearance so early in the morning.

"I stayed up the whole night, finishing what I had to get done so I could be here." He says.

"You really did that?" You say.

"Yeah, I couldn't miss Christmas." He smiles softly.

"I love you Ni, I'm so sorry for getting angry at you. I know you had to be there. I just can't believe you're here now." You smile.

"I know, I talked to the guys there about it and they agreed to let me go early if I finished everything they expected me to have done so I didn't stop the whole night and I'm glad I didn't because I get to be here with you. I'm just a little tired now." He laughs.

"Understandable. Thank you so much Ni, I love you. Merry Christmas." 

"I love you too baby girl, I'm glad to be here. Merry Christmas, my love." He says, leaning in to kiss you.

"Let's go surprise the kids, yeah?" You suggest, Niall nodding.

He follows you into the living room where the kids are still ripping through gift wrap.

"Guys, I have a surprise for you." You say, immediately gaining their attention as Niall walks out.

"Daddy!" They both scream at the same time.

"Hi kiddos." He says, hugging his children tightly as they run up to him.

Author's Note:

This one was kind of a mess, I'm so sorry. It sounded better in my head but I just couldn't get it out in words, I guess.

I hope you guys enjoyed anyway! I'm so excited for tomorrow guys because I'm going Christmas shopping!! ^.^ 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this and have a good day/night wherever you are xx Thank you so much for your support x