Chapter Four

"Araya, come on, get out of there." Talon called. "No!" Araya yelled. "Please, Araya.." Talon said, calmly, only to calm her. He, himself, was hysterical. "I'm an idiot! I-I'm worthless!" Araya screamed, along with her thoughts. She had her blade, knowing that she would need it. She took it out, pulling up her jacket sleeve, revealing all the cuts, the bruises, burns..and put the knife to her wrist.

"Araya, kitten, please come out. Let me help you." Talon said. He wasn't aware of what was happening. Until he heard the drip.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Araya was crying, completely hysterical. Talon looked under the stall door, to see the small pool of blood on the floor. "Oh my god, kitten, let me in there!" He yelled. After a moment, the stall unlocked. She stood there, looking down at the boy sitting on the floor. Tears streamed down her face, one after another. Same with the blood coming out of her wrist. Talon got up, quickly pulling her to the sink and washing the blood off.

Failure. He won't ever love you now. You're idiotic. HE HATES YOU NOW.

Araya couldn't cry anymore; as with not eating much, she didn't drink much either. She was dehydrated. And she just didn't feel much anymore. Except a pull towards the boy patching up her cuts with paper towel.

"Kitten, hold that on your wrist for a moment." He told her. She held the paper towel on her wrist. He cleaned up the pool of blood on the floor. "I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.." Araya mumbled. "No, Araya, it's okay.." He assured, moving next to her and wrapping his arms around her. She let herself fall into his warm embrace. He rubbed her back gently. "Look, kitten, I know what you're going through.." He whispered. She pulled away, looking up at him. "You didn't.." She said to herself. He pulled up his hoodie sleeve, scars all up and down his arms. "There's even more on my legs and shit.." He said, obviously disappointed in himself. He pulled his sleeve back down. "I'm so sorry, Talon.." She told him. "It's alright, kitten. Are you okay?" Talon asked.

She opened her mouth to say, "I'm fine," but it never came out. Instead, she shook her head. How could she want to tell him everything that she knew Alyssa didn't? How many people hurt her, abused her, used her, abandoned her? How could she spill to this guy that she didn't even know? She didn't understand.

"Look, kitten, I'm gonna come over to your house after school today. We can talk, play video games, watch a few movies..anything you'd like. Alright? I'll come home with you." Talon told her. She smiled, a real smile. "I'd love that." Araya whispered to him. "And, one day, we won't feel this pain any more. I'll help you through this. I'll help you see the beautiful, talented girl that I see." Araya's smile faded. She shook her head. "I won't ever see that girl." She said.

"That girl doesn't exist. And never will." Araya went on. "I'm not beautiful, or talented, I-" Talon put a finger to her lips. "Shh.." He whispered. "I'll get you out of this depression you got yourself into. I promise. Do you trust me?" No. "Of c-course.." She stuttered. "Good.." He leaned toward her. He closed his eyes, and so did she. Their lips met, and Araya couldn't help but melt into him.

Her first real kiss. She'd had kisses before, but forced, and unwanted. And this time, she didn't even know she wanted it, longed for it. Even with how much her wrist burned, she loved standing here, with someone she knew, and someone she thought she loved.

Loved..
No.

She pulled away, shaking her head. "No, no, no.." She mumbled. "Kitten, what's wrong?" He asked. She wiped her wrist off with one last piece of paper towel, then ran out, covering the still bleeding wrists she had with her jacket. "I'm sorry!" She called behind her.

Talon was left standing there, all alone now.

Did he do something wrong?..