Chapter Twenty Four

Araya's Pov

Two days later.

Talon stood over me, his perfect smile on his face. Except it was darker. It wasn't of happiness, it was of insanity. A small pile of 6 people dead was behind him, and he held a large knife, blood splattered all over his clothes. He had kidnapped everyone he saw hurt me, and then killed them in front of me. Chelsea, Maddie, Carlie, Emily, my parents.. I loved them, and now I was strapped to a table in a mini dress which exposed my legs and arms, which I wasn't comfortable with. I tried to free myself, trying to look for any sanity in the psychopathic killer in front of me, though my vision was blurry from tears and my lack of glasses.

"Kitten, I promise you, no one will ever hurt you again." he told me, softly, as if he didn't just kill everyone I loved. He had the knife against my throat, only lightly touching. I winced in pain. "Except you!" I yelled at him. He chuckled, softly but dark. "I'm trying to keep you safe." he told me. "Well you're doing an awful job of it, because if I ever get off this table.." I lowered my voice, speaking softly but bitterly, "I'm going to kill myself in front of you, and then let's see how greatly you protected me."

"Well, then I guess you can't get off of this table." Talon told me, his voice even more bitter than mine. "Just let me go. None of this needed to happen." I begged. "No." he retorted. I heard sirens in the distance. "Fuck!" he yelled, running upstairs. He locked the door behind him, but left the knife on my chest. I tried to bend my head down enough to get it, but I couldn't. I rolled myself over sharply, the handle falling into my hand, easier than I expected. I turned the knife over, cutting the ropes I was bonded with. I made my way off the table, holding the knife tightly. The stone flooring sent chills from my feet up, giving me goosebumps. I shook it off, it wasn't important. I had to save myself and everyone else from him.

I made my way up the stairs, to the cellar door. It was locked. "Fuck," I mumbled. I banged on it a few times. It wasn't moving. I tried pushing on it. Nothing. I looked around for another escape, a window or something. Nothing.

Suddenly, the door opened. I braced myself, knowing who it was. Talon grabbed onto my dress, pulling me up. "How the hell did you get out?" he yelled. I held the knife up, to his neck. I shook violently, from the cold and from terror. The knife faltered in my hand, and I couldn't hold it up straight. "You sneaky little-" he started, but I pushed the knife closer. "I-I'll kill you i-if I n-need to." I stuttered, trying to be tough. "Oh, kitten, don't you know?" he asked, throwing me onto the ground, pulling the knife out of my hand, and putting it to my own neck.

"The wolf always wins." he said, and I felt a burning across my throat, liquid running down me, and seeing red.

Everything went black.

I sat up quickly, breathing heavily. I was on my own bed, and I knew Talon was in the other room. Mittens was laying next to me, quietly sleeping. I got up, trembling. I still couldn't talk, my throat was too messed up still. We had to come back next month.

I walked into the living room, ignoring the burning in my throat. Talon sat on the couch, falling asleep. He noticed me, then shot up. "Baby! You're awake." he said, smiling. I wanted to smile, but I couldn't. His smile turned to confusion. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." he told me, but I ignored his words. I tried shaking the dream off, but I couldn't. I had the feeling that my dreams were telling me something.

Talon wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. I didn't pull away, since I wasn't supposed to put too much pressure on my arms or legs. "Please, baby. What's wrong?" He asked. I shook my head, looking down at the floor.

He pulled away, looking at me. "Alright.." he said softly. "Want me to make pancakes?" he asked. I nodded. I walked back into my room, laying on my bed. I curled up in the blankets, but I knew I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon. I'd been getting way too much sleep, anyway.

Talon's Pov.

I flipped the pancakes, watching them carefully so they didn't burn. Once they were perfect (warm in the middle, but crispy on the outside), I put them on a plate, pouring some syrup on top, sprinkling a little bit of powdered sugar on the top, and arranging blueberries, strawberries, and bananas on top and around the plate. I smiled, grabbing a butter knife and a fork, then walked into her bedroom. "I made it just the way you like it." I told her, grabbing the little tray table I bought so she didn't have to get up. I put the plate on top of it, putting the fork and knife on the table. She looked at me, and smiled. She grabbed the utensils, slowly cutting a few pieces and eating a few bites. She let out a quiet "mm," then gave me a thumbs up. I smiled.

She continued eating, and I started reading a book. After she was done, Araya snapped to get my attention. She pointed to her plate. "Want some more?" I asked. She hadn't eaten in a few days, so I figured to at least ask. She nodded.

I smiled. "Alright. It'll take a few minutes." I told her. She nodded, laying back down with a huge smile on her face. I walked out with her plate, smiling myself.

She was happy, and so was I.