Chapter Twelve

Special thanks to Alex_luvs_u_a_lot and Stormwave1254 for their awesome ideas :D your ideas actually fit with what I wanted to do in the first place so yay

It was four months later. The school year just got harder, due to the last trimester, the M-Step (the Michigan state testing) and reviews of the whole school year. Chelsea and Carlie had been hitting on Talon more and more lately, but because Araya knew that he would never turn on her, she didn't pay any mind to it. She had been clean for that four months, and she was getting better. She was eating for once, she wasn't on the verge of death every day, and she peacefully went to sleep instead of violently crying and passing out from blood loss. The thoughts didn't even bother her anymore! She and Talon were finally happy.

Until one day.

Monday, April 25th. Araya was walking to band class, after she waited for Talon like usual at her locker. He hadn't shown up. Weird, she thought to herself. He was here this morning..

She turned down the chorus and band hallway, to be met with...

Chelsea kissing Talon. She had his shirt collar wrapped in her hands, on her tiptoes to reach him. Araya dropped her band binder, in shock. Chelsea pulled away at the sound of the drop, looking at Araya with a smirk spread across her face. "Bye bye, baby." Chelsea told Talon, walking into the gym to her right. Talon looked at Araya. "Araya, I didn't want to, she-"

Tears filled Araya's eyes. She shook her head, feeling her heart break. The thing that was finally fixed after years of trying to fix it, after she finally found the boy she was meant to be with, after she was finally happy..

It all broke. Her whole life, her love, everything..it was all gone.

And in that moment, she broke. She was completely broken again. Back where she started. Back before Talon. Back before she was actually loved.

Back before she almost died.