Chapter Sixteen

Araya's Point of View.

I was surrounded by darkness. Not a light or anything light-related was in sight. I spun in circles, trying to find something, anything. Just darkness. "Hello?" I called out, though my voice was small and soft. No response. "Talon..?" I called again, significantly louder. No response.

I felt a presence near me. I felt heat radiating from something. I reached out for anything, anyone. I was terrified of being alone. I was terrified of being left alone. Finally, my hand hit something soft and silky. I let out a soft gasp from the sudden change. I realized I was wearing something silky as well, soft; cotton. It was a dress, and I was wearing my combat boots along with it.

Suddenly, the lights all came on. I looked at the figure in front of me, a tall man in a black suit, with a white undershirt. He wore a black tie, and had black and brown hair. His eyes were hazel, with a touch of dark brown. "Talon." I breathed. I felt safe, secure. He was the one thing I loved the most, the one thing that I trusted, the one thing that helped me feel safe and warded the thoughts away. The one thing that made me feel..truly happy. He smiled, his soft and sincere smile.

"Hello, Kitten." He whispered softly. I couldn't help but smile. Then he pulled out a knife, and I felt unbearable pain on my neck. I felt liquid trickling down, onto my dress. I saw red, and felt myself fall over. I tried to call out to him, to tell him I loved him, but I couldn't speak. I couldn't scream. He had killed me, how did I still love him? My eyes closed, and I fell into the black blissful abyss of death. I didn't push it away, I welcomed it. I didn't have to worry about love, hate, friends, drama..I could finally be alone. The silence surrounded me, making my ears ring. Was I dead?

I opened my eyes, not on the floor anymore. My ankles and wrists were stuck, and I realized I was on some sort of table. I was still wearing the dress, and from what I could see, there was no blood. My lover walked into sight, except he wasn't him anymore. His eyes glowed red. "Hello, darling.." He cooed, smiling a sickly sweet smile. I felt a smile creep onto my lips, but I stopped it. "Why am I stuck here?" I asked, my voice sounding more sad and afraid than I wanted it to. "Because that's how I want you to be, baby.." He replied. I tried to move, but I couldn't do anything. I wanted to call for help, but he was the only help that would come.

"Sweetheart, don't struggle..I don't want to hurt you any more than I plan to." He smiled again, more wicked now. He was dead set on evil, but what was he going to do? He pulled out the knife that he had before. "Let's play a little game, princess." As soon as he said 'princess,' I got this butterfly feeling in my stomach. I shook it off, staying focused. "Wh-what's the game rules?" I stuttered. I tried to sound confident, but I was too afraid. "The rules are that I ask you questions. You answer honestly, or you get hurt. Deal?" Talon asked. He had an edge to his voice, which made me even more afraid. I nodded slowly.

He walked toward me. "Is it true that you see them?" The answer got stuck in my throat, and all that came out was a croak. "Oh, I forgot. There is a time limit of five seconds." He added. I just nodded. He chuckled softly, the laugh that I loved so much, but edgier, and scarier. "Good girl.." He told me, running the knife down my right arm. I whined softly, a pathetic sound coming out of my mouth. "Is it true that you were the little slut for that gang?" He asked me. I felt my heart sink to my stomach. I shook my head quickly, tears filling my eyes. "No, no, no.." I muttered. I tried holding the tears back, but they fell anyway. "Araya, Araya, Araya.." He said, his voice more afraid.