Chapter Seven

When she woke up, it was the next day. She had a cast on her wrist now, and she couldn't feel her wrist. Probably the pain relievers. She could tell it was back in place, so the bone wasn't broken at all; she just popped it out of place. Very badly. Talon was laying next to her, fast asleep. She saw a digital clock above the door. It was 3 in the morning. The lights were off.

Talon snored softly. He had her wrapped in his arms. Araya was warm, locked in his embrace. She smiled. She couldn't help it. She felt truly happy, for the first time in..she forgot how long. She closed her eyes, then noticed that the TV was on the news.

"There has been a freak global meteor shower, visible from everywhere; the US, Mexico, Paris, everywhere. Even with the clouds." The reporter announced. Araya stared at the TV, which was showing videos taken from everywhere. And they didn't look like meteors, at all. Maybe it was the pills she was taking unconsciously, but it looked like..falling angels.

She shrugged it off. She was watching too much Supernatural. She eventually fell asleep.

**************************

"She's so..ugh. I can't even think of words to explain what she is.." Araya woke to her mother's voice. Araya opened her eyes, and though everything was still blurry, she saw Talon. Her mom was talking about her to her..boyfriend? Friend? She didn't know anymore. Talon looked over at her. "Oh, Araya, you're up." Talon said, relieved. As if he thought she wouldn't wake up.

"Yeah, of course I am," She responded, groggy still. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Luckily, the makeup Talon told her about didn't rub off in her sleep. Her mother, Lisa, looked at her disapprovingly. "What?" Araya asked. "How do you fall down the stairs and break your wrist? Do you know how much this is going to cost?!" Lisa yelled. Araya flinched at her raising her voice. She was always afraid of this; especially when she knew she was in trouble. "I didn't fall, I was pushed.." Araya mumbled. "Hmm? I'm sorry, I can't hear you!" Lisa was screaming now. Lisa stepped toward Araya. Araya felt vulnerable and exposed, as if she was naked. She looked down at her hospital gown, then wondered who put her in it.

She looked at Talon. "Mrs. Stevens, please calm down. She was pushed, I saw it." Talon informed her. "By who?!" Lisa snapped. "I'm new, so I don't know. I think her name was..Stacey? I don't know." Talon was thinking out loud. Lisa groaned. "We don't have enough money for this, pushed or not!" She yelled, exasperated. She walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her.

Talon walked to Araya. "Look, kitten, you should be getting better in about two months. Okay?" Talon took her hand, holding it between both of his gently. "Of course." Araya whispered. He leaned down to her. They were so close she could feel his breath on her lips. She longed for his touch, for his love, for him in general. How could she have missed all of this? How could she have not realized what she'd been searching for her whole life?

Their lips touched, in a soft but passionate kiss. Talon put one of his hands on her cheek gently. When Talon pulled away a few moments later, he smiled. "I love kissing you.." He admitted, his face turning a light pink. "Aww.." Araya grinned. "It's not cute!" Talon squealed. They both laughed, and kissed again.

They were complete.