Chapter Six

Araya felt her eyes widen, the heat rush up to her cheeks, and the warmth through her body. The thoughts, they were gone-for now. She was free. She felt a weight lifting off her chest. But then she remembered.. she wouldn't, no, she couldn't let herself love. But she pushed it aside. She would push it all aside, for him.

She gripped his hand tighter. "T-Talon.." She started. "Yes, Araya?" He asked. "I l-love you, too." She stuttered. She smiled widely, and she couldn't stop. "But, Araya, I have to tell you something.." He told her. "You can tell me anything."

"Well..technically I was born female. But I identify myself as..male. I'm Transgender." He said, obviously embarrassed. Araya kept smiling. "That's awesome." She told him. "What?" "I'm bisexual. Mostly lesbian. Even more so now." She shrugged.

Talon was the one smiling now. "Um, Araya and Talon. Pay attention." The teacher called. Araya looked at her, as did Talon. "Sorry, Ms. Depot." Araya quietly sighed. Why did she break their talk up so soon? Just then, the bell rang. On to science. Araya and Talon grabbed their stuff, running out the door.

Araya giggled softly. "So, are we like, together?" Araya asked. "If you want to be. I mean, I do. Hell yeah I do." Talon told her. "Then we're together!" Araya squealed happily. She hadn't been this happy since her depression struck. And finally, she found her savior. They ran to their lockers, then downstairs to the science room. But halfway down the flight for stairs, Araya was pushed down the stairs. She screamed, falling down the stairs. And when she landed, her hand was waaaay too far back to be okay. "Oh my god, Araya!" Talon yelled. He ran to her as she was now screaming and crying. He wrapped one arm under be back, one under her knees. He lifted her up, running to the office. He ran inside. "Call 911!" He yelled. Araya continued to cry.

"What happened?" The secretary asked. "She broke her wrist. Someone pushed her down the stairs!" He explained, hysterical. The secretary proceeded to call 911. "There's an ambulance on the way. Let's get the school locked down.." She muttered to herself.

As soon as the bell rang, she picked up the phone and dialed a weird number that went to the entire school's PA system. "The school is going under a black lockdown. Keep all students inside your room. Make sure there are no unattended students in the bathrooms or library. And absolutely no students coming down to the office. Again, we are going into a black lockdown." She announced.

After a few moments, the ambulance came into the parking lot, accompanied by a few police cars. Talon ran outside, Araya still in his arms. "I have to come with you." He told the paramedics that took Araya onto the stretcher bed. "You have to make sure a parent knows." The paramedic told him. "Call one of them. We have to stay here and fill paperwork out anyway."

Talon quickly called his mom, getting permission easily. He ran into the ambulance back, looking down at Araya. "Hey, kitten, it's okay. It's okay, you'll be okay.." He told her, but also trying to convince himself. "Talon.." She whispered, inbetween sobs. "Look, you're probably going to get a cast, and you'll get better in a few months. I'll do all your work for you." He knew that her right hand was dominant, the hand she broke. He smiled, trying to be comforting.

The paramedic hopped in, shutting the doors. "Okay, you're gonna be my assistant. We're going to start off with sedating her, so she'll be unconscious when we get to the hospital. Then, when we get there, we'll give her some pain relievers, take some x-rays, and see what real damage that she did. Sound good?" The guy asked. "Uh, yeah, sure..what's your name?" Talon asked. "Alexander. You can call me Alex." He replied. "Okay, Alex." Talon smiled, relieved.

*************************

By the time she woke up without being loopy, it was around noon. The next day.

She woke up in a white room. She looked around. She was hooked up with wires and stuff to the monitor that showed your heart rate and two other things she didn't recognize. She looked around some more, and saw Talon standing on the other side of the room, on the phone, with his back turned to her. "Alright, Alyssa. Just ask her name, they should let you in. See you when you get here." Talon hung up the phone, turning around. "Oh, good, you're awake." He smiled.

As soon as she finally woke up fully, the felt the stabbing pain in her wrist. She groaned in pain. "Let me get Alex, he said we had to give you pain relievers when you woke up." He said, running out of the room. She was alone.

She sighed quietly, staring at the ceiling. "What happened..?" She asked herself. She didn't remember anything happening for her to break her wrist. Except..cutting so far in the bone? No, that's impossible. She must've fallen down the stairs at school.

Talon came back in with Alex. "Hey, Araya. We're going to give you some pain relievers, to help the pain in your wrist go away. Sound okay?" He asked. Araya immediately tensed up at Alex bringing up any type of pill. She glanced at Talon, who mouthed, "it's okay." She nodded.

They gave her the pills, which took the pain away after about half an hour. And dispite having been unconscious for about 14 hours, she didn't feel rested, or awake, at all.

Talon took her hand, the one that wasn't broken. "It's gonna be okay, kitten." He smiled at her. Araya smiled back. "Thank you." She whispered. "Are my parents coming?" She asked. "Their at work. And your brother's at school." He told her. She nodded in response. "What time is it?" She asked. "It's a little after 12:30." He told her.

"Alright.." She whispered.

Great. She got herself in the hospital. The most hated place in her mind. Because of her wrist. She looked up at Talon, who was probably thinking the same thing. "I told him that you were getting better. He put make up on the cuts so you wouldn't have to be here any longer than needed." He explained, whispering.

"Thank you." Araya said. She started dozing off. Talon kissed her cheek, and she fell asleep, smiling.

A/N: suuper long chapter! How do ya like it? I really like how this story is going, because it is based off of my life. It has a nice twist of fiction and nonfiction, I'd say. And get ready for the very bitchy clique when Araya gets back to school. Hehehehe. But the next chapter is just gonna be Talon x Araya fluff rain before the storm hahaha I love torturing you guys okay byes.