Chapter 4: Twitter trouble

Kiers P.O.V:

I have to admit I’m really worried about right now. I may have the psychical damage but I know that heals much quicker than emotional damage. “So you were conscious the whole time?” I ask eyes wide.  nods closing his eyes then reopening them quickly and looking as if he’s in pain “are you okay do you need a nurse?” I ask rising from my seat quickly then regretting it “no” he says his voice small “then why do you look like you’re in pain?” I ask gently “I see it. Every time I close my eyes -  I’m in the van again” he says shakily I walk over to the bed and pat his shoulder affectionately “it’s over now” I reassure him sitting beside him “but it’s not. It’ll never be over” he says looking down at the floor “you’ll heal. We’ll all heal-” at that moment I’m interrupted by a loud voice. I look up to see Crilly running over “oh God are you guys okay I came as soon as I heard” he exclaims stopping in front of me “can I hug you or?” “broken ribs” I laugh grimly “oh right erm condolences” he says sadly squeezing my shoulder “you up for a hug ?” Crilly asks turning his attention to him, shade nods and Crilly practically jumps on him. Crilly steps back looking him over “you’ve fared well then”  just laughs under his breath quietly “hardly” he mutters “you look fine?” “you don’t have brain damage do you?!” he gasps “no... I was awake the whole time”  chokes out and crillys face falls “oh god”  just smiles grimly sitting back on the bed “take a seat” he says pointing to the chair I was sat in moments ago.

“so the van?” Crilly asks “well it’s got to be a write off”  says quietly “I never saw it was it really that bad?” I ask inquisitively “it was twisted around a tree then the fire brigade cut chunks out, yes” he mumbles “the insurance will cover it right?” Crilly asks worried “I – I don’t know thats Lukes forte” I mumble “how about the gear?” “again I saw nothing.  did you?” “The drum kit was destroyed I saw a guitar with a broken neck the amps looked smashed. I doubt anything was spared” he finishes “that’s grim” Crilly frowns “insurance?” “definitely won’t cover it” I sigh running my hands through my hair “well we’ll do what we can and I’m the guys in The Dead Lay Waiting, Dead and Her Dark Embrace will help out” Crilly offers kindly “really Crilly thats –” “it’s fine we’ll do what we can” he smiles. “Did you get anything out of the van?” “it’s all been taken as evidence by the police, they have our clothes, phones, gear. Everything” I sigh “well I’ve got some cash you guys can borrow do you want to go and buy some clothes?” Crilly asks gently “I can’t really leave” I frown pointing to my ribs “you know my size right?” I ask “sure lets go” he says quietly getting up “we’ll be back soon!” Crilly shouts over his shoulder as he leaves leaving me to my own devices.

 Shane’s P.O.V:

“How did you hear about what happened?” I ask as we walk down the quiet hallways of the hospital. “yeah about that” he frowns stopping. I look at him anxiously, I’ve had enough bad stuff happen for a lifetime in the last few days I don’t think I can deal with anymore. “I was tweeted” he sighs “tweeted?” I ask eyes widening “it was on the news. Somehow a fan or somebody recognized the van. They tweeted you to make sure it wasn’t true and well none of you have phones so-” “oh” Crilly looks grim “so the fans know?” “They know there was an accident. They saw the state of the van. They’ve been making assumptions’” he says quietly “they saw the van?” “the pictures were on the local newspapers website” Crilly says apologetically “I can’t – I can’t do it” I say shakily “do what?” “sorry” Crilly says as a nurse steps around us “tell them” “well somebody needs to” “How am I supposed to tell them that – that – that me and kier are the only ones who made it?” I cry. Crilly looks taken aback then hugs me tightly “God Shane I didn’t know I assumed they’d been transferred somewhere else or were having bloods taken or-” “no” I cry breaking down in his arms. I don’t know how long we remain like this, me crying in his arms in a hospital corridor.

“okay lets go” I sniffle pulling back “are you sure?” he asks “positive” I mumble. We make our way out of the hospital quickly and soon arrive in the carpark. Crilly unlocks the van and I stop in my tracks “Shane?” he asks worried “no” I mumble backing away and tripping over the kerb falling to the ground. Crilly runs over and helps me up “whats wrong?” “n-no vans” I stutter “I’ll call a cab” he says gently pulling his phone out of his back jean pocket “n-no” I say shaking “shane?” he asks worriedly putting his phone away “I-I don’t want to get in a car or anything” I say sitting on the kerb “then how did you get here?” he asks confused “they anesthetised me” I mumble “I screamed outside the ambulance until they had too” I add “oh shane” Crilly sighs sitting next to me and putting an arm around me.

Kiers P.O.V:

“Where the hell are they?” I mutter under my breath to myself. It feels like it’s been hours, I think it may have been actually. I’m watching the rain slide down the window when I hear a familiar voice behind me “sorry we took so long” a dripping went Shane apologizes. I shoot him a questioning look “he wouldn’t get in the van” Crilly explains collapsing into the chair beside the bed. Shane places the primark bags down gently not looking up “Shane?” “yeah” he mumbles through his hair still avoiding eye contact “look at me” surprisingly he actually does. I make sure he’s holding eye contact before I continue “it’s okay” I say gently “it’s not. It’s pathetic. I’m pathetic. Who’s scared of getting into a poxy van” he says angrily “Shane it’s normal” Crilly sighs. I hate seeing Shane this way if It had been me he’d be reassuring it’s fine and normal and not even the least bit pathetic but it’s not it’s him. “You’re soaked” I sigh looking at the two of them “it was raining” Crilly laughs “I noticed” theres a moments awkward silence before Crilly breaks it “I’m going to get some clean clothes out the van I’ll be back!” he smiles leaving me and Shane alone. “Shane please don’t be angry at yourself” “I can’t help it Kier” he sighs “I know Shane, I know.”

***

By the time Crilly makes it back me and Shane have changed into fresh clothes and I’m tucking into some chicken casserole “I hope you didn’t mind me ordering your food for you whilst you were gone” I say to Shane between mouthfuls “it’s okay” he smiles playing with the food on your plate “What is that?” Crilly’s asks wide eyed sitting on the chair beside the bed again “casserole” I smile “but hospital food is supposed to be horrible?” he says leaning a little closer to inspect it “I might go and get something from the canteen actually” he laughs getting up “have this” Shane says pushing his food towards him. I shoot Shane a warning glare “Shane you need to eat” Crilly sighs “I really don’t want casserole” he sighs “well I’ll get you something from the canteen if I eat this. Deal?” Shane looks deep in thought for a moment “fine” he says begrudgingly.

A nurse comes by and makes a double take “oh are you not hungry dear?” she asks Shane politely “not really” he smiles. I glare at him before turning to the nurse “Crilly’s going to get him a sandwich later” I smile “ah good he needs to eat” she smiles picking up his chart and crossing something out presumably that he’s eaten dinner. “make sure to get someone to write that down later will you?” she smiles before rushing off “nurses are always rushing off somewhere” Crilly notes “they really are” I agree taking a sip from my drink.

Shanes P.O.V

“right I better go before they kick me out” Crilly laughs getting up having noticed the nurses asking other visitors to leave “when we will next see you?” I ask tiredly. How am I tired practically all I’ve done is sleep! “tomorrow” Crilly smiles “really?” I ask “yeah I’m staying in the van overnight I’ll be in as soon as I’m up tomorrow” he smiles walking off. “thats nice of him” Kier smiles “yeah pity does that to people” I say bitterly rolling onto my side “Shane he’s a friend don’t be harsh towards him” Kier says gently “just get out Kier!” I snap. Sure enough he leaves and I’m left alone lying in the dark wishing Drew was here beside me.

A/N So I've already broken my upload schedule! oops, I do have a valid reason though, I'm at college then travelling up to Bristol to see Being As An Ocean with my boyfriend so I won't be here to update, as always hope you guys enjoyed it and shoutout to  jessie_dragon for reminding me or you guys wouldn't have had an update for days!