Chapter 20: 'Derek'

A/N This chapter is set two weeks after the previous one!

Kiers P.O.V:

“I don’t want to go” Shane whines hiding behind Drew “Shane you have no choice!” Luke shouts ever supportive “come on Shane it’s for the best” I plead. Shane shakes his head “you need to do you honestly expect to tour if you’re scared of being in a car?” Laurence points out “I – I’ll get the train” he stutters “you know that’s not feasible” Laurence sighs “and you want Luke to have his licence back right?” Laurence adds. I can see none of this is really helping so I watch Drew waiting to see if he’ll add to our pleas. If Shane is going to listen to anyone it’ll be Drew. “I can come with you” Drew offers quietly “no it’s f-” “It’s not fine you need to be proven mentally stable so you can testify at court and I can get my fucking licence back” Luke groans leaving the flat slamming the door behind him. That didn’t go well. Shanes sniffling behind Drew now, great. “please Shane” Drew begs and finally he gives in.

***

“Me and Kier will be in Starbucks” Laurence smiles supportively at Shane and Drew before dragging me inside leaving them alone. “how do you think it’ll go?” I ask “honestly?” Laurence sighs before quickly giving our order to the barista “honestly” I nod “I think Luke will be getting his license any time soon” he admits. I hate to say it but Laurence has a point. Shane is damaged; he won’t get over the accident in an hour session with a therapist. “hopefully he can start to repair now though” Laurence smiles grabbing a coffee “yeah I miss the way things used to be” I admit “don’t we all”

Shanes P.O.V:

Drew grips my hand tightly as I press the buzzer for the building where I’ll be having my therapy. “who is it?” a voice asks over the intercom “Shane Sumners I’m here for-” the intercom beeps to alert me the door is unlocked and I don’t continue. I quickly give them my details at the desk and I’m soon sitting on a chair in the waiting room next to Drew. “you know you can go hang out with Kier and Laurence if you want” I mumble awkwardly “I’m fine here” Drew smiles “I’ll have to go in soon anyway and-” “I’ll come with you” Drew smiles “I- I’d rather you didn’t” I stutter “oh” Drew says quietly “Shane?” a man asks holding his hand out. I get up and shake it “that’s me” I say quietly “right this way” he says way too enthusiastically for someone who’s a therapist.

“this is us” he smiles opening a door and walking through it. The room is surprisingly big for a building in London. This building can’t be cheap I think to myself looking out of the large window overlooking a dark. The walls are painted a muted yellow in an attempt to make it look cheery but it hasn’t really worked despite the nice décor and good lighting there’s no denying this is an NHS building the place smells like it. The harsh scent invades my senses, lemon. “are you okay Mr Sumner?” “huh? Sorry” I mumble paying attention once again. “do you do that a lot? Zone out?” he asks tapping his pen in anticipation of my reply, I nod and he immediately begins to take notes. I don’t like it. “w-what are you writing?” I ask cautiously “just my notes” he smiles remaining cryptic. That’s certainly going to help me trust you ‘Derek’ I think sarcastically. What kind of doctor tells you to call them by their first name anyway I mean really- “Shane?” “what?” I ask again. This really can’t be looking good “this session is just a chance for me to get to know you, and you me. Background information and all that stuff” he smiles. He has the look of someone fresh out of university and new to the profession – peppy. I nod. “so it says here-” he pauses riffling through a folder. That’s all about me? Christ that’s thick. “-that you went to CAMHS as a child and again as a teenager?” he finishes adding the cliché smile. I swallow not really wanting to think about that “mhmm” I agree “so why was that?” he asks. He has a massive folder on me are you seriously telling me that information isn’t in there? I guess this is him trying to build some kind of relationship and get me to open up to him. “I was quiet” I mumble, he looks at me as if I should continue “as a child” I add.

Tumble ~ FVK Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें