Chapter 23: picks, picks everywhere

Shanes P.O.V:

“Shane! Get up! Get up! Get up!” Drew shouts excitedly from right beside me “ughhhh” I groan proceeding to put my pillow over my head. “shaaaaaane” Drew whines pulling the pillow from my grasp and throwing it across the room hitting Kier “oi watch it!” he groans, I hear him walk out of the room, chains on his jeans jingling. “owww!” I exclaim holding my head “I’ll flick you in the face” Drew manically laughs “you already did” I grumble sitting up “somebody’s a little delicate this morning eh?” Laurence laughs before leaving, after Kier presumably. “why are you so excited anyway?” I frown running my hands through my shaggy bed hair. Drew being excited is rarely a good thing, it normally means nerf guns, paintball or anything that can result in my injury. Or worse, sugar. “MUSIC SHOP SHANE!” he shouts jumping off the sofa bed and bounding out of the room. That was unexpected. The fragrant smell of cooked bacon soon reaches my nose and I realize why he left so suddenly.

“morning Shane, nice to see you” Crilly laughs turning bacon in the pan. Everyone else seems to have managed to get a sandwich at this point and they’re all standing in the kitchen eating. “there is a dining room guys you know - skaboosh” Crilly smiles rolling his eyes “brown or red?” he asks going to grab a bottle of sauce in the now abandoned kitchen. “brown” I murmur sleepily “here get this in you it’ll wake you up, kettles just boiled too” he smiles thrusting the plate at me. How that man is dressed and walking about this early I honestly don’t know.

“why are you on the kitchen floor?” Drew asks staring at me head tilted “why aren’t you?” I retort feeling slightly more awake “because I’m making you coffee” he smiles heading towards the kettle. I just nod sleepily. “here you go” Drew smiles sitting opposite me expectedly “yes?” “nothing” he grins. I down the coffee unable to cope with his excited jittering much longer. “Crilly we good to go?” I shout placing the mug and plate in the sink “as soon as someone does the washing up. I’m not your bitch Shane!” he shouts in a sing song voice. Charming. Before I have a chance to start Drew has ducked in front of me and washed my plate. I like this, Drew should get excited more often. “you might need clothes too” Crilly smirks at me as he disappears into the living room. What? Oh shit I’m still in my pjs “WHY DID YOU SAY THAT HE WOULD HAVE LEFT IN HIS PYJAMAS!” Kier exclaims from the living room. I’d never hear the end of that. It would be like that time on our first tour all over again. The fans thought it was cute. Kier thought it was hilarious. I thought it was neither.

***

Twenty minutes later everyone’s dressed, the house is reasonably tidy and we’re out the door. “how far is it?” Drew asks bounding up and down excitedly “seriously Shane get your timid on a leash” Kier mutters “Hey! You’re the ones who use whips and leashes!” Drew shouts causing a random passerby to stare in disbelief. Kier and Laurence blush a vibrant red causing Luke, Drew and Crilly to burst out laughing. I don’t know how to respond.

“here we are” Crilly sighs ten minutes later. Even he’s struggling with Drews overwhelming enthusiasm at this point. Drew makes some kind of inhumane screeching noise then runs down the street and dashes across the road narrowly missing a collision with a car – “Jesus Christ Drew!” I shout as he disappears inside the shop.

Drews P.O.V:

A bell rings as I open the door startling me slightly. My eyes widen in shock. It’s beautiful. Guitars line one of the walls on racks with a section for bass guitars opposite, violins and violas are featured on stands across the shop and the whole place smells slightly musty mixed with rosin and a woody smell. It’s heaven. “hello” I girl smiles from the counter chuckling slightly. She’s beautiful, not in the conventional sense but in a way I can’t quite put words to. Her bright pink hair seems to almost glow under the lighting above the counter. “Hey sorry for whatever he’s said already” Crilly sighs breathlessly “are you okay?” the girl asks slightly worried “fine thanks Taylor. How – did – you do that?!” he breathes leaning on the wall beside the door. I’m about to ask ‘do what’ as Kier saunters in followed by the others “Hey Sonic you planning on trying for the next Olympics?” Kier smirks sarcastically “sonic that’s the best you can do?” Laurence taunts in the background. I don’t answer I’ve wandered off towards the bass guitars by this point. “aaaaand he’s gone” Kier laughs.