Chapter 19: Digestives

Kiers P.O.V:

“So where are we going?” I ask nonchalantly strolling out of mine and Laurence’s room. I’m met by an empty flat “guys?” suddenly I feel a wrist around my arm and I’m dragged out of the flat “-the hell?!” “if we give you a chance you’ll find a stray hair or-” “STRAY AHIR?!” I ask frantically grabbing my phone to check my reflection “I swear to God” Laurence sighs “-you’re fine. I was saying you’ll never leave” Luke frowns. Oh. Right. Hey! “Anyway where – are – we – going?” I ask “tesco?” Laurence asks “sure” I nod. Once we get out of the building I look at the car expectantly. Laurence shoots a glance at Shane shaking his head. Right, I guess we’re walking. Luckily it’s not too far, a twenty minute walk at the most. Admittedly we’d normally take the van; at least if we were buying a fair bit but for a pack of biscuits I guess it’s hardly worth it. 

“Shane and Drew are getting on surprisingly well” I whisper to Laurence “yeah you’d expect tension or something but no?” Laurence whispers back. “What are you guys whispering about?!” Shane asks from ahead “we’re planning your demise!” I grin laughing evilly. Drew just looks at me as if I’m mad. I suppose I’ll take some adjusting to.  “oh we’re here” I mumble surprised “time flies when you’re having fun hey?” Laurence winks, checking for cars before walking into the small car park. I notice Shane dashing for the trolleys Drew in tow. We’re only getting biscuits why is he – oh. “really?!” Laurence shouts after me as I run up to them. “We need to introduce you to trolley racing!” Shane exclaims to Drew as I catch up. “Drew and me in the trolleys - you and Luke pushing?” I ask quickly “sound about right” Shane laughs as Laurence walks by shaking his head muttering about us being children or something. “Right let’s do this!” I shout climbing into a trolley, Drew looks ridiculously confused at this point.

Shanes P.O.V:

Drew looks at Kier weirdly before looking back at me confused, it’s rather cute. “get in the trolley” I laugh gently and after some hesitation he does. Me and Luke stand behind the two trolleys ready. Kier takes a deep breath before counting us in “Three – Two – One – GO!!” the second the word ‘go’ leaves his mouth pushing the trolley in front of me becomes my one focus. After a twenty second mad dash I make it to the other end of the car park just beating Luke and Kier. The look of confusion on Drew’s face causes me to lose it and I collapse to the ground laughing. “I – Yo- You’re face!” I manage to get out between hysterical fits of laughter. “you won mate” I hear Kier say regret in his tone, he takes trolley racing far too seriously. “I – won?” Drew asks confused “first team to the other end wins” I smile getting up and hugging Drew tightly ruffling his hair. “you did good kid!” Luke laughs heading back towards the shop. “I did good?” Drew echoes confused.

Drew’s P.O.V:

I watch Luke walk away unsure what to do. “come on” Shane smiles grabbing my hand and leading me into the shop. It feels nice, right I guess. “this is weird” I mumble looking down the aisles full of things and people with those trolley things we were racing in. “it’s fine come on” Shane smiles reassuringly walking past several aisles without so much as a second glance before walking down aisle thirteen. A sign hangs above with the word ‘confectionary’ printed on it simply. Laurence is standing at the bottom of the aisle picking up various objects before looking at them and placing them back. Kiers just arrived too but at the opposite end and decides to take the opportunity to scare Laurence by quietly grabbing something off the shelf behind him and deftly chucking it at Laurence with speed at accuracy. “AHH!” Laurence exclaims as the mystery item hits him causing Kier to chuckle “think fast” at him. Laurence takes the opportunity to catch Kier off guard whilst he’s laughing throwing the bag straight back at him and hitting Kier square in the face. “OWW!” Kier screeches looking confused. These guys are really weird. “oh shit you’re bleeding” Laurence exclaims wide eyed “is it always like this?” I ask shocked “yes” “no” Shane and Kier shout simultaneously. “yes” Laurence answers finally. “Come on lets go get you some tissue” he sighs lading Kier away by the wrist. “Well I suppose we’ll get the biscuits after all” Shane smiles ambling over and looking at the selection “digestives and …. OOOH CUSTARD CREAMS YOUR FAVOURITE!” he shouts excitedly grabbing three packets.

***

We all meet outside after me and Shane went through this thing called a self-check out? The machine has a women’s voice?  “so much for a packet of digestives” Luke laughs looking around at all of us carrying bags “well I realised we had no pasta” Kier laughs “or coffee or eggs or-” “okay we get it we were out of a lot of stuff” Laurence laughs flicking Kier on the head jokingly “how’s the nose?” Luke sniggers at Kier still holding tissue to his nose “dandy thanks” he rolls his eyes grabbing his phones “just letting the fans know?” Luke digs sarcastically “yes actually” Kier pouts before I hear a camera shutter sound effect. “Hashtag no filter?” Laurence smiles confusing me “I’ll explain Instagram later” Shane chuckles “quick synopsis it’s for the incredibly vain which explains Kiers utter fascination with it” Luke laughs “hey the filters are pretty!” Kier shouts defensively.

***

“I think we earned those biscuits and a cuppa” Shane sighs falling onto the sofa “yeah look at me I GOT WOUNDED!” Kier shouts melodramatically clutching his face in his hands and falling to the floor “god forbid Kier damages his face” Laurence chuckles disappearing to the kitchen I assume. I open the packet of biscuits going to eat a digestive but Shane stops me “NO!” he exclaims causing me to jump and drop the biscuit “you need to dunk it!” “God forbid his first biscuit not be dumped” Luke teases “ewww soggy biscuits” Kier shouts childishly from the floor. “Dunked biscuits are the best!” Shane exclaims “they’re really not” Kier argues. I get up and walk into the kitchen to see what Laurence is up to. “They having the biscuit debate again?” he asks, I nod feverishly “it happens every single time” he explains opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. “Is it always like this?” I ask quietly “how do you mean?” Laurence pauses to face me “happy” I mumble “mostly” he smiles “good” I smile grabbing two cups of tea to carry in “Left mug is Kiers!” Laurence shouts after me. People have specific cups of tea?

 “thanks mate two sugars?” Kier asks taking the mug off me “I – I don’t-” “Yep” Laurence interrupts coming in behind me and handing one of the mugs he’s carrying to Shane. Everyone now has a drink but Luke who said he didn’t want one, I guess this mug is for me? “dunk it” Shane instructs handing me a biscuit. I watch him ‘dunk’ a biscuit before repeating the action. Damn he’s right this is good. ‘mhmm’ “knew it!” Shane exclaims triumphantly poking his tongue out at Kier who replies “you may have won the battle but you’ll never win the war!” Is that guy always this melodramatic?! “yes”. 

A/N: OH MY GOD SORRY GUYS! I forgot to upload yesterday as it was a very busy important day, after two years we finally got a new episode of SHERLOCK! I'm actually rewatching it now before rewatching it with my parents when they come back tomorrow. Long story short I had a watch-along party to celebrate and spent all day making food/cleaning the house. I hope you guys enjoyed it and don't mind I neglected you!
Becki