eight

eight—

jimin and jungkook left taehyung's house a few hours later. it was considerably early for them, being taehyungs best friends and all. but his aunt and uncle had gotten annoyed with them and politely asked them to leave. they had no choice really.

they got into the car and jungkook pulled out of the driveway, glancing sideways at jimin who was in the passenger seat beside him.

"who knew his aunt and uncle could be that way," jungkook said with a laugh. jimin nodded in agreement, his attention focused mainly outside the window.

other than that, the two were silent as jungkook drove home. both lost in their thoughts and the multiple scenarios that played in their heads. it turned out jungkooks house was actually a block from jimins own home, so it wasn't that long of a ride. when they parked, they both shuffled inside.

"so," jungkook sat down at the kitchen table and sighed. he looked up at jimin, expecting him to take a seat as well. "what's going on?"

jimin sat there for a moment, wondering if he could trust his current life events with this guy. wondering if he would gossip or tell anybody else. he was debating with himself if he should even be here with the younger, someone he just met really, or trying to get a hold of his parents. yet there was something telling him otherwise.

he got a feeling from jungkook that wasn't anything bad or alarming. he seemed overall trustworthy and welcoming.

"well, it's not that big of a deal because i had been expecting it to happen for awhile now..." jimin didn't look straight at jungkook as he spoke. his eyes were hard and intense, ready to hear what he had to say, and jimin had become a little uncomfortable under his stare.

"yeah, i get it. i still want to know though." jungkook leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms.

"fine." and jimin explained to jungkook what had happened between hoseok and him. he tried to skim the details but he realized he would just have to tell the whole story for it to make sense.

after explaining everything to jungkook, jimin warily glanced up at his face. expecting a glare in his direction, he was surprised by the disappointed expression on his face and eyes sadly shining sympathetically for him.

"someone needs to talk some sense into him." jungkook murmured sadly with a frown. jimin could only sigh awkwardly, fidgeting in his seat.

"well i should have expected him to do that sometime soon." he replied. jungkook shook his head immediately.

"but that's no excuse," jungkook spoke. "he still shouldn't have done that. he said he loved you so he should have done exactly that."

jimin stared blankly at jungkook, now surprised that he was saying something like that. his words were so simple and right that he knew that were exactly that. the right words. the corners of his mouth turned up in a small smile, he looked jungkook straight in his eyes now.

"yeah. i guess so."

//short o no