twelve

twelve—

after the apology, jungkook and jimin were back to being good friends. they weren't avoiding each other anymore, if anything they hung out more than usual. it was almost like they had been friends for years.

it had been close to two weeks and jungkook felt like jimin was a childhood friend, or someone he had known his whole life. he felt closer to him than ever before.

jungkook crossed his legs, rolling his eyes at the news he had just turned on. it was nothing interesting so he turned it off, enjoying the quiet. jimin had slept in late and said late last night that he would be heading back to his house again sometime today.

jimin, in fact, was getting ready now. he had slipped on his skinny jeans and a gray striped shirt before heading downstairs. he was ready to try something. he wanted to go to his house when he absolutely knew hoseok would be there.

he wanted to see how hoseok would react. jimin didn't know what type of reaction it would be, but he still wanted to know how hosoeks mind worked whenever he was around him. because he would eventually have to see him to kick him out or settle whatever affair they were having.

jimin, after getting ready, went downstairs flashing jungkook a smile when he appeared in the doorway to the living room.

"when are you heading over there?" jungkook asked, scrolling on his phone with his thumb.

"soon. i wanted to try something though." jimin smirked at the thought. he also wanted to show hoseok that he himself didn't care anymore about him or their relationship.

"what is that?" jungkook hummed in response, looking up from his phone this time.

"well~" jimin dragged out the word on purpose. "i wanted to go back while he's there. to see how he'd react." jungkook suddenly stared hard at jimin, making him fidget uncomfortably. "what?" he finally asked.

"i'll let you go if you promise not to let him hurt you," jungkook told him. jimin looked at him curiously and then smiled.

"since when were you my mom?" jimin teased. "of course i wouldn't let him do anything to me. i'll be fine." jungkook shrugged.

"just making sure. come back ho–" jungkook paused. "...here whenever you're done with... whatever it is you're going to do." jungkook turned away and hid his face in the pillows, embarrassed.

"will do jungkookie," jimin laughed to himself at his change of words. jungkook flushed a small shade of pink once he heard the nickname. "by the way, i'm taking your car."

jungkook, without looking back at jimin, gave him a small wave and didn't any anything more.

"bye jungkookie~" jimin sung and left through the door, jungkooks car keys clanking together on his hand.

if jimin was being honest, jimin had always thought of jungkook as adorable, and recently his urge to tease as well as tall to him had gotten stronger. maybe it was because they had become such good friends. yet it was always entertaining to see his reaction when he teased him. his face would flush red and he would be quick to hide it in his hands.

as jimin left, jungkook continued to sit there with his face hidden in the pillows on the couch. he was embarrassed that he had slipped up on his words, but he was also worried for jimin.

the way he made hoseok sound made him wonder why he hadn't been physically hurt or abused yet. but he was thankful too. jimin didn't have that fear of hoseok hurting him.

so jungkook sighed and leaned back to try and take a nap before jimin got back.

//life and jikook manages to fuck me up every DAY