twenty two

twenty two—

"i heard you laugh down there..." jimin started as jungkook approached him slowly, "what were you guys talking about?"

jungkooks lips turned up into a grin at jimin's words, "namjoon was just being namjoon."

jimin chuckled a bit at this in relation to the younger, "oh i get it."

jungkook then turned back to the hallway that led to the bathroom, "hey namjoon! we're leaving now! see you later!" jungkook shouted down the empty hall.

there was a quick flush from the toilet and violent foot steps before namjoon rounded the corner. "you guys are leaving already?"

jungkook sheepishly nodded in response.

"well then. glad to have seen you guys." namjoon approached jimin and slung an arm over his neck, leaning in to jimin's ear and surprising him. "keep your eye on jungkook. he might do something stupid in the next few days." jimin nodded hesitantly before pulling away. namjoon gave jimin another knowing look before turning back to jungkook.

jungkook looked a little suspiciously at namjoon, and began stepping towards the door.

"oh by the way, don't forget your car jungkookie." namjoon said, now smiling.

jungkook remembered the main reason he had come here and his cheeks flushed a bright red, "y-yeah."

jimin grinned behind the younger and reached out to grab his arm, "thanks namjoon hyung, i don't think i could sit on the bus with this kid all the way back to his house again. he fidgets too much. so you're a real life saver."

jungkooks cheeks only darkened while namjoon laughed at jimin's experience with him. jungkook yanked his arm out of his hyungs grip, and walked alone to the garage where his car was, embarrassed because of jimins words.

he quickly got into the dark red sports car and buckled his seat, waiting for jimin. jungkook sat in silence while jimin slowly approached car and chatting with namjoon.

soon enough jimin, opened the car door and slid into the passenger seat and turned his attention on jungkook. namjoon had gone back inside so jimin was free to act however he wanted without being teased endlessly.

"jungkook." jimin said to him. when jungkook didn't respond and looked out the window, still frustrated, jimin frowned sadly. "aw jungkookie you know i was kidding right?" jimin pestered.

jungkook continued to ignore him.

"jungkookie!~ i'm sorry!" jimin reached up and poked the youngers cheek.

jungkook immediately blushed and pushed his hyung away. "yah hyung, i get it."

"am i forgiven?" jimin gasped dramatically.

"yes... idiot."

jimin chuckled at the younger. jimin found him unbearably adorable, and that made it hard to resist hugging him with all his strength, but he knew it wasn't his place to. jimin knew that jungkook didn't think of him as any more than a friend.

and that reality hit him, making his warm smile disappear from his face.

"well that's good," jimin sighed and leaned back into the seat, now away from jungkook.

jungkook was confused, "is something wrong hyung?"

"yes. i know there is no chance that you will think of me as more, but i can't help the feelings inside me. i'm becoming way too attached to you and your flaws and your habits and just everything about you." was what jimin wanted to say.

but who was he kidding? his 'boyfriend', hoseok didn't love him and had used him for everything. so it was only natural for jungkook to not love him either.

"no," jimin plastered a fake smile on his face and looked out the window.

jungkook stared at his hyung for a few more moments in confusion. just a moment ago they had been laughing and having fun together. but now jungkook could tell something was off. he wanted to know what it was even though jimin made it pretty clear he didn't want to share it. he didn't like it when jimin was unhappy.

sighing himself, jungkook put the car in reverse and backed out of namjoon's garage, driving back to his own home.

//whale

I hope this was entertaining