twenty four

twenty four—

"what happened tae?" jimin asked the other, curious as to what happened with him.

"namjoon and i were at the mall just fooling around, and suddenly when we were leaving someone attacked us. it was three guys against us two, and we couldn't fight back at all..." taehyung trailed off.

jimin and jungkook listened with grim expressions.

"i was punched a few times, yeah. but the guys seemed mainly focused on namjoon. and i listened to their conversation as they beat him up. they attacked us, mainly namjoon because they saw him with jungkook yesterday. it was also supposed to serve as a warning to jimin." taehyung spoke.

"i was calling to tell you guys about namjoon though... he is pretty beat up and i couldn't help him at all because i was held back. i had to watch hoseok beat him." taehyung's voice was getting higher pitched like he might cry.

"taehyung." jimin sighed, "we'll be over in a bit. just sit tight."

taehyung then ended the call, leaving jimin and jungkook to process everything.

jungkook fell back to the floor, and leaned against the wall. he pulled his legs to his chest, and wrapped his arms around them tightly.

"it's my fault..." jungkook mumbled, "it's my fault that namjoonie hyung was hurt. all because of me and my ego to beat some sense into hoseok."

jimin shook his head, fists clenched at the thoughts he had, "no it was mine. i got you into this mess, so it's my fault."

jungkook looked up from his arms and glared at jimin, "but it was my choice to go and get in a fight with hoseok! it's not your fault that i was reckless and did something wrong."

jimin glared right back at jungkook, "it is my fault jungkook. i'm responsible for telling any of you about hoseok and my problems. i shouldn't have."

jungkook stood and went over to jimin grabbing his shoulders, frustration all over his face, "stop blaming yourself! just admit it's my fault! i know it hyung!"

"jungkook." jimin grabbed jungkooks arms and pulled them away, "it's my fault."

jungkook rolled his eyes, and grabbed his hyungs arm, pulling him to the door. "we need to go to taehyung's house, let's go."

jimin let jungkook drag him to the car and shove him in. he was ashamed to have caused harm to his friends. he shouldn't have told anybody about anything, and it hurt to know that both of his friends were hurt by the root of all of jimin's problems.

which was hoseok.

-

the two arrived before they knew it at taehyung's house, and threw open the front door with urgency.

"taehyung?" jimin called, looking around for any sign of his friend or namjoon.

jungkook flashed his eyes around the living room before hearing a shout from upstairs, "we're up here!" jungkook ran upstairs, skipping three or four steps at a time. jimin followed after him, wanting to see namjoon's condition.

jungkook went to taehyung's own bedroom where he heard the voice, and opened the door. there, he saw a bedridden namjoon, taehyung sitting on the edge of the mattress, and a pissed off yoongi in the corner.

jimin stared in silence at his friend who lied there, clearly in pain. he had a few visible bruises on his face and a busted lip, cuts and other bandages over his arms, and probably more wounds elsewhere on his body.

"hyung..." jungkook murmured, he took a step forward and sat on the edge of the bed ahead of taehyung.

namjoon turned his head, eyes full of grief and pain. "jungkookie..." namjoon whispered, "don't make that face..."

jungkook frowned, eyes wide with sadness and guilt. he held his hands together, beginning to tremble, "it's my fault hyung."

namjoon's face softened at this, "no it's not, it was just a coincidence that hoseok found us."

jungkooks frown only got bigger, "no it wasn't. it was my fault that i went out and tried to beat some sense into him, otherwise you wouldn't be hurt right now."

"jungkook..." taehyung murmured behind him.

jimin watched as taehyung wrapped his arms around jungkook, and set his head against jungkooks back. "it's okay."

jimin felt irritation swirl throughout his body, and it took his all to plant his feet on the floor still, resisting the urge to pull taehyung off of him. warily, he glanced at yoongi, who was supposed to be taehyung's boyfriend.

he had an utterly pissed face on, but he didn't move either. jimin then shifted his eyes back to the individuals on the bed, slightly calming as he told himself taehyung was only comforting jungkook.

"so it was hoseok who did this to you?" yoongi spoke, arms crossed and a vein bulging from his neck.

"yeah..." namjoon answered slowly, "him and a few other guys."

jimin's blood ran cold, remembering how hoseok would bring friends home and get drunk. memories of hoseok insulting him, and ignoring him for weeks on end came flooding back, making him cringe.

"was it really him namjoon?" jimin asked sharply. he was fed up.

"yeah. it was definitely him jimin." namjoon nodded.

"that's it." jimin said and pulled his phone out of his pocket, "i'm ending this once and for all with him."

he scrolled to his contacts and called one specific number.

hoseok.

//well what a bad end
smh