eleven

eleven—

it had been a few days since going back to jimin's house, and jungkook and jimin hadn't spoken at all. jimin knew that it was partially his fault, if not completely his fault. he should not have said what he did to jungkook.

to be honest, he actually missed the conversations him and jungkook had. they had always been lively and entertaining. full of teasing and jokes. plus, the two enjoyed each other's company. jimin especially.

but jimin couldn't stop thinking about how jungkook had told him to calm down. what right did he have? he didn't know how much it affected him when hoseok made it pretty clear he didn't love him anymore.

although whenever jimin left, he did feel relieved. relieved to let go, relieved to finally leave the lie that he had been living for so long. it was like a brick was lifted from his chest and he could breath again.

jimin sighed to himself and hopped off of the bed, heading downstairs to confront jungkook. he would apologize and fix this. he knew he crossed the line and hurt jungkook, so he would make it right between them. because after all, jungkook was being very generous with letting jimin stay and even helping him out. jimin was suddenly flooded with guilt as he closed his door behind him.

he slowly clambered down from the steps and walked into the living room, seeing jungkook seated on the couch, flipping through the channels on tv. he was obviously bored.

when jungkook noticed movement out of the corner of his eye, he turned his head to see jimin standing there and mumbling to himself.

"hyung..." jungkook mumbled quietly.

"jungkook, i'm sorry." jimin said. he stared straight into jungkooks eyes, hoping that jungkook could see how sincere he was trying to be.

it took a second, but jungkook started laughing. jimin was struck with confusion. why was jungkook laughing at an apology?

"ah hyung," jungkook clutched his stomach as he spoke, his laughter making him wheeze. "i knew you were just mad. i get it." jungkook took a deep breath and coughed. "but you did hit a nerve." he smiled at the older.

jjmin broke into a smile and smiled as well. relief flooded his chest and he let out the held in breath he had been holding in. he was glad jungkook understood, and wasn't mad at him.

jimin grinned to himself and went over to him, plopping down on the couch beside him. he set his hand on jungkooks head and ruffled his hair.

"you should've told me! i've been feeling guilty the past few days!" jimin exclaimed. it was true. there wasn't a second that went by and he wasn't ashamed of himself. jungkook smiled under his hand and playfully pushed it off.

"sorry hyung." he muttered.

jimin didn't know what he was doing when his hand suddenly grabbed jungkooks wrist, pulling him back towards him. jungkooks eyes widened in surprise when his upper half crashed into jimin's chest. jimin was hugging him.

"but really..." jimin mumbled close to jungkooks ear. "i'm sorry." he wrapped his arms around jungkooks back, tightening them around him. jungkook sighed against jimins hard chest and wrapped his arms around his hyung as well.

"like i said..." jungkook said, his voice muffled by jimins chest. he smiled a little. "it's okay, hyung."

// aye