Day Twenty-Five: Animal

TN: My favorite animal is a cat.
Andy: We know. You wouldn't shut up about them.
Aka: What's wrong with cats? They're cute.
Andy: They are evil creatures who are planning to kill us with cuteness.
TN: Dana, please do the disclaimer before Andy starts ranting again.
Dana: TNckitty does not own any Yugioh Arc V, only me, Aka, Andy, and others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 25: Animal
Aka was walking to the park with her headphones in her ears. It wasn't loud where other people can hear it, but loud enough to where she can't hear anything.
"Just like animals, animals, like animals-mals," Aka quietly sang to herself.
Once she was in the park, Yuya and Yuto were passing by.
"Hey, Aka," Yuya shouted, but she didn't hear him.
Yuya frowns, so he try again. She still didn't hear the tomato.
"Why can't she hear us," Yuya asked.
"Let's see her," Yuto said.
The two jogs up to her.
"Hey, Aka," Yuya shouted.
This time she heard him. She turns around and saw Yuya and Yuto behind her. She took off her headphones.
"Hey, guys," Aka greeted.
"I see why you didn't hear me earlier," Yuya stated.
"What?"
"We were yelling your name, but you didn't hear us," Yuto explained.
"What were you listening to anyway," Yuya asked in curiosity.
"Oh. I was listening to 'Animal' by Maroon 5," Aka answered.
"Really? You listen to Maroon 5," Yuto asked.
"Yep. They're one of my favorite bands. I really like the song 'Sugar'."
"Cool. I would never thought you would listen to those kinds of music," Yuya stated.
"What kind of music do you think I would listen to," Aka asked.
"I don't know. You don't seem like the type to like music."
"Well, to be very clear, I love music."
Suddenly, Yuya's duel disk rings. Yuya looks at the caller.
"It's Yuzu, " Yuya said. "Hey, Yuzu. I'm at the park....... Okay...... Okay..... I'll see you later."
"What did she say," Yuto asked.
"She wants us to go to You Show to help with something," Yuya answered. " Come on, Yuto. We need to go. See you later, Aka."
"Later," Aka said.
Once the boys were out of sight, Aka puts her headphones back on. "Animal" continues playing from where it left off. The girl hums to it and began walking around the park. As she walks, she spots a kitten nearby. It was mewing for food. Since Aka has a soft spot for cats. She took off her headphones and crouches in the front of the kitten.
The kitten has black fur with reddish paws, ears, and at the very tip of the tail. It's eyes have the same color as Aka's.
"Hey, little one," Aka whispers so she wouldn't spook the kitten.
The kitten looks at Aka before slowly walks towards her. Aka stretch her arm out, letting it sniff her hand. It carefully sniff, and then it starts rubbing it head.
"Aren't you a cute one. Where are your parents," Aka asked.
"Meow," was all the kitten said.
It sounds sad. Aka's heart broke after hearing it.
"How about I take you in?"
"Meow?"
Aka laughs.
"Really."
The kitten jumps in Aka's arms. It meows in happiness. Aka laughs in joy.
"If you're going to live with me, you're going to have a name..... How about Redheart? Red for short."
The kitten meows in agreement.
"Come on. Let's go home so I can wash you and feed you."
Aka picks Redheart up and walks home. While walking home, Aka checks if the kitten is a girl or a boy. It was a girl. She also talks to Red. Aka wouldn't admitted, but it was nice to have company, even if it was a one-sided conversation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TN: Redheart finally appears.
Aka: My baby has come.
Andy: Get that thing away from me!
Dana: Please Review, Favorite, and/or Follow.