Day Twenty-Six: Journey

Redheart: Meow.
Andy: AH! IT'S THE DEVIL!
Aka: *hits Andy's head* She is not the devil. You're still scared because she almost clawed your face off.
Andy: Just keep it away from me!
Dana: Hey, where's TN?
TN: *passed out on couch*
Aka: Let's start without her. You already know what the disclaimer is. I don't need to repeat myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 26: Journey
Today was Aka's off day. She decides to take a walk in the wood that was conveniently behind her house. She left a note for Andy or Dana know where she was. Before going out, she grabs a water bottle, a few snacks, a backpack and a blanket.
"Hey, Red. Do you want to walk into the wood with me," Aka asked the kitten.
Redheart rubs her head against the girl. Aka laughs. It's only has been days since the kitten has been living with the girl and her friends. Andy wasn't very fond of having a cat in the house, but seeing Aka happy, he decides to put up with Redheart. He just kept his distance for now. Dana instantly falls in love with her and starts taking care of Redheart. Over the few days, the kitten didn't seem so skinny after consuming a lot of cat food.
Before the two can go out, a doorbell rings. Aka went to answer the door. On the other side of the door were Yuzu and Ruri.
"Hello, Aka. We were wondering if we can hang out with you today," Yuzu asked.
"Hey, Yuzu, Ruri. Of course you can hang out with Red and me. We were about to go into the wood. You can come if you want," Aka said.
"Cool. I want to see what the woods are like," Ruri said.
"Also, who's Red," Yuzu asked.
Aka has been so busy with with school, work, and dueling that she forgot to mention to her other friends that she now owns a kitten. Before Aka can answer, Redheart walks up to the two girls. Just like any cat, curiosity got to her.
"Aw. What a cute kitten. What's it's name," Ruri said.
The XZY counterpart crouch down and extend her arm out. Redheart sniffs her hand before rubbing her head against it.
"That's Redheart or Red. I founded her a few days ago.
"Why didn't you let Yoko take care of her? She takes in strays all the time," Yuzu suggested.
"I want to take care of her myself. Plus, I feel attach to her already."
Redheart meows and walks up to Aka. Aka bents down and picks the kitten up.
"Let's go to the woods before it gets dark."
The three girls and the kitten all walk to the woods. It was peaceful. They didn't know where the journey was going to take them, but as long as they don't get lost, it was fine. They talk and laugh about the recents events that was happening at school or where they went. After about 20 minutes of walking, Redheart saw something. She meows, making the girls stop walking.
"What's wrong," Aka asked.
The kitten points to the direction to where it was looking at. Aka got curious and went to investigate. As she got closer, she was the most beautifulest thing she has ever seen. Behind her, Yuzu and Ruri follow and look at the scenery in front of them.  What they were seeing was a crystal clear lake with flowers surrounding it. There were so many kinds of colors.
"Wow," was all Ruri said.
"So beautiful," Yuzu stated.
Redheart starts running into the field. Aka runs after her. They were having a game of tag, Aka being the chaser.
"Come on," Aka shouted. "Come and play!"
Yuzu and Ruri couldn't resist as they ran into the field with Aka and Redheart. The rest of the day, they play before deciding to take a break and having a snack.
"I haven't have fun in like forever," Ruri stated.
"I know. I don't even remember having this must fun," Yuzu said.
Aka stays silents. She pats Redheart's head. The kitten fell asleep when the girls stop playing.
"When's the last time you have fun," Yuzu asked.
"I don't think I have fun before today," Aka answered truthfully.
"What," Ruri asked.
"All my life, I only focus on surviving. I never really have time to stop and relax."
"I'm sorry to hear that," Yuzu said.
The pink haired girl puts her hand on Aka's shoulder, comforting her.
"That's okay. You really don't know about my life before so its find. Come on." Aka picks up the kitten carefully and gets up. "Let's go before it gets dark."
They walk back to Aka's house. Yuzu and Ruri wonder what Aka's life was like before she starts living in Standard, but they also want to know what journey Aka will take in the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aka: Please Review, Favorite, and/or Follow. Only four more days left.