Chapter 13

Hello my lovelies! I am so sorry for the delay in updating. It has been such a hectic weekend... Anyway, here's the update. I am working really hard on the next couple of chapters to make it perfect and therefore it is taking just a little while longer to write and then edit. Big things starts happening soon so Wooo! Anyway this chapter is quite emotional... You see Lacey display emotions she doesn't normally display. So enjoy. Comment what you think . Share and vote if you love it! Thanks

*Lacey's POV*

It was the the next morning that I woke up cold. My body shivering, I try to turn in to the comfort of Brad but when I do, I am met with an empty bed. My eyes open and I quickly look around the bunk but it's completely empty. Sighing I drag my self up and to the shower.

Stripping from my clothes I stare into the mirror. Looking over my body, the body that surprisingly endured so much but is still in tact. I trace the scars that my body holds from my missions, battles and my survival. There's a shallow slash across my right hip where a knife had caught my skin. There's a a bullet wound on my left rips. I had been lucky that day, distracted and caught off guard I was shot but the bullet had hit my rips; breaking them, and then becoming lodge between two of them. It was easy to pull the bullet out. I think about how easily it could have punctured my lung or heart if it had not ricocheted from my rips. I move my fingers to trace the black bruising my rips and side back now holds. Its sore but nothing I am not used to.

My fingers finally reach the scar, the scar directly above my heart. The scar my own mother had made as she had tried to kill me for disobeying her. She held the knife to my heart and began to push in until my sister had disturbed her. I had never been so thankful for that moment. I hadn't done much to disobey her, I just didn't follow through with her command of killing someone, someone I knew. Someone I knew was innocent. She snapped so quickly at me. That scar holds such a reminder, such pain and distraught as the thought of my mother pining me to the floor and trying to stab me through the heart. It isn't a large scar, its small but deep however, very noticeable to those who looked.

I tear my eyes away from the scarred, slashed, burnt and shot body of mine and instantly get in the shower. Sinking to the floor as I allowed the scalding water to wash over me. The memories all came rushing back but I should have known they would. Just one scar holds a thousand memories, and I was covered in them. I could feel the water burning my skin but I take no notice. I don't allow my self to move away from it. I don't allow my self to be saved from the water downpour.

The tears soon come to my eyes and I don't bother fighting them, only allowing them to fall and race down my face. My arms wrap around my legs slowly bringing them to my chest as close as possible. I bury my face into my arms and knees, hiding from the world around me. From my responsibilities, my fears and my life.

I hear someone knocking on the door and calling out but everything is a blur at the moment. I turn my face towards the door to try and hear clearer. Banging sounds on the door again before hearing someone shout 'Lacey.. Are you in there? It's been an hour'

Tristan. He's the one banging and shouting on and through the door. I re-bury my head not speaking a word. My mind races with memories, thoughts and fears. My fears and thoughts are of the same. What if I am not good enough? What happens if the person wins and gets the boys? How would I find them?

I'm interrupted again as more banging comes from the door but this time it is someone else shouting. 'Lacey let me in baby. Its Brad'

It's like a sudden shock runs through my body and I finally realise what I am doing. I feel the burning on my skin. I shakily try to slide out of under the water by shuffling sideways, but as I do the door is slammed open. I snap my head up towards the door where I see Brad, Tristan, James and Connor.