Chapter 24

Hey lovelies so I'm home now and I this is the update. I really hope you like it and I would love to have some feedback please!

There's going to be a time jump because it helps the story move on and will make it easier to write.

(1 Month Later)

It had been a month. 4 whole weeks. 28 Days. 672 hours. 40, 320 minutes. That's how much time had passed. It had taken 2 days for Brad to be discharged. It had been only taken 1 week for Molly to be given the all clear and allowed to leave- although her sight was still gone. Brody was allowed out of the hospital within two weeks. Everyone was fine and healthy. Everyone except Lacey. Lacey was still in a coma a month later. She was still unresponsive. Still unable to breath on her own. The bruises, cuts and scrapes had started to heal and were almost gone. Her broken bones had healed significantly as she laid there motionless. The doctor had said that her physical injuries were almost fully healed.

No one understood why she still wasn't waking up, still wasn't able to catch her breath and open her eyes. While the doctor had explained that it was expected because of the ordeal she had suffered through. He said that no normal person would realistically survive that and here she was still fighting. Although it was barely noticeable, the fight was still apparent as her heart kept pumping.

Molly was struggling, that was clear as she would barely move nor speak. She refused to leave Lacey's hospital room, after many pleads and begs the doctor had finally given in allowing her to remain on the small sofa bed which was placed in the room. Molly would only ever leave to have a shower and change clothes. She didn't know how to ever get used to everything being black. There hasn't even been so much as a flicker in eye sight. But she was grateful for having her hearing back and being alive, to which she owed Lacey for.

The lads would come during the visiting hours every day to check on Lacey and speak to her as the doctor had explained how she may still hear while unconscious. They hadn't forgiven Bradley but had simply pushed the problem aside in favour of focusing on both Lacey and Molly. Brad.. he had been the worse so far. He wouldn't eat willingly. The boys had to actually go so far as to force feed him at least once a day. Even when they did they could only ever force so much. He would stay way over the visiting hours and when he wasn't there he was in the gym. Tristan had asked once why but all Brad would respond is 'Protection'. They left it after that.

He would often sit with Lacey and speak about his day, or how sorry he was- that was a common topic or he would simply cry and beg for her to awake. He didn't know he could feel such pain. It had become public news that Lacey had been attacked brutally. Everyone speculated on what had really happened but the boys refused to comment or make any sort of statement on the matter. Only tweeting once and they were all the same 'It is with great regret we have to postpone our tour due to a unseen circumstance. We are all praying for Lacey to get better and we hope you do to'. After that PrayForLacey had become the number one hashtag.

Brad would often spend some of his time with Lacey writing a song he had been working on for quite a while. He didn't know what he could say to Lacey all he knew is that he had a million words he wanted to tell her. So he began testing out lyrics and songs. He was coming up with a few good lyrics for different songs but there was only one song he truly wanted to finish to show how he felt.

So today it had been a whole month since the tragedy. He sat beside Lacey holding her hand tightly while Molly had gone to shower and change. He began to hum a small part of the song he had been writing when he spoke.

'I am so sorry. And I know the words I use will never be able to explain or to ever be worthy of your forgiveness. My words mean nothing I know. I could never re pay you for all you have done for me. For all of us. You've done so much, so very much for me. You made me so happy, made me laugh every day and you would always calm me down. Your protected me and loved me while I let my jealous and feeling of betrayal take over. I hated how James knew first, I hated how I could see that Brody loved you the way I did. I hated that you felt you couldn't tell me. I admit I hated the idea of you being an assassin, hated that you killed people. But that was never you. You was forced into something you never truly were or ever wanted in your life. And I am so sorry for that, I am so sorry that I wouldn't let you explain, I'm sorry that you felt you couldn't tell me. I am so sorry I would never listen, I would never listen even when I so desperately wanted to, when all I wanted was you to speak to me. I - I guess my pride had got in the way. I said things I never truly meant, I- I am so sorry. No amount of Sorry's will ever be enough. I am so sorry I couldn't protect you when you really needed me to. I let you down, I let you down when you needed me the most and it is something I will regret for the rest of my life. I know you will never like or love me again, I just pray and hope that you wake up. That you allow me to be in your life in some way. So that I can spend the rest of my life making it up to you, protecting you and loving you the way I always should have. So Please Lacey Don't Go Somewhere I Can't Follow. Please don't stop fighting. I love you Blue and I always will. Just please come back to us.'

It's silent after that. He sits silently for the next 20 minutes before he stand and moves out of the room but not before placing a delicate kiss to her forehead. He stands for one moment at the door to look back at Lacey before he leaves. He didn't believe the doctor. He didn't expect it to be true. So he didn't know that while he had poured his heart out begging for the forgiveness he believed he would never get Lacey had been listening. Lacey had heard every word. Lacey's heart had skipped a beat at the words. He didn't know that he had warmed her cold heart. He didn't know that Lacey loved him to, Lacey had never once blamed him for anything, she had understood the whole time that he was feeling that way. She knew he was just hurt, jealous and betrayed and although all the words hurt. She could always forgive those words because he had never truly meant it. However something they both knew was that she wouldn't be ready to love when she awakes. And she wasn't sure if she ever would be.

So she let him leave, she let him believe she was still in a coma. She let him believe that she hadn't heard him. She simply kept her eyes shut until he left. Then and only then did she open her eyes and allow the tears to fall. Then and only then did she allow her self to break.