Chapter 28

*Third Person*

It's silent. Completely silent as they all sat in the hospital waiting room, waiting to hear if Molly was okay. Most of them knew- thought- it was an accident. A simple accidental slip down the stairs. There were two who knew the truth. Brad still had hold of Lacey's hand, scared that if he let go she would lose it again. While Lacey for the first time in 2 months didn't feel angry, scared of disgusting. Her mind was clear as soon as she had let Molly's hand go.

Lacey stands taking her hand from Brad's and walk towards the doctor asking if she would be able to pop into Molly's room before he notify the others that she is fine. With permission she walks slowly towards the room that held Molly.

Keeping her head down and eyes away from where she had expected molly to be asleep. Slowly sitting down in the sit available, she takes a deep breath trying to organise her thoughts in any way she could.

'I'm sorry Molly. I oh I don't really know what to say. I had been so angry for so long, wondering why it had to be me. Why I had to go through that again and every time I remembered that I went through that to save you from it. To stop you from experiencing the horrific events I did. I hated you, wanted you to feel all the pain I experienced and still am. I I just, I'm sorry that I let you fall, in that moment all I saw was his face. As soon as I saw you falling though I realised something.. I didn't experience that because I was saving you from it because he would have done it anyway, he wouldn't have been able to resist. It was never your fault but it was his, and I got my revenge. He's dead and now I need to move on with my life because I refuse to let him continue to have that kind of power over me. I want to be happy, travel the world and sing. So that's what I am going to do, I just hope you can forgive me for letting you fall when you needed me to catch you'

Lacey takes a deep breath once she's finished and slowly wipes the tears that were streaming away from her face. She was going to move towards the door to let the others know they are able to come to the room when a hand is placed on hers. Lacey's eyes snap up to Molly's face. To her eyes that are staring directing into Lacey's. Lacey watching silently as her eyes shift a little bit over Lacey's face before she settles for her eyes and smiles. Before she can speak Molly does.

'Lacey... I knew you was angry and I knew why. I understand and I also knew you just needed time to clear your mind and I am so glad that you finally have. I should really thank you for letting me fall though... the bump to my head I had sustained as I fell down the stairs helped speed up the recovery for my sight. I can see Lacey... and I will always love you, no matter what you may do. Your my best friend'

'Wait- you can see? You can see!' Lacey shouts as she tackles Molly to the bed, it must have been louder than she had thought because before she knew it the door had smashed open to reveal 4 worried looking boys. Lacey slowly pulls away from molly, they are both smiling brightly with tears brimming their eyes.

'What's going on?' Connor asks as he moves forward towards molly

She smiles brightly before she speaks 'I- I can see' It was like a whirlwind as all the boys jumped to hug and congratulate her on her re-grained sight. They all knew how difficult she had found i to adjust.

While distracted Brad pulls Lacey to his side and out side into the corridor. He's breathing slightly heavier as he looks over Lacey before he brings her to his chest holding her so tightly she struggled to breath. It takes them both a moment to realise she hadn't flinched at his sudden need for contact. She hadn't seen that man in her vision as she held contact with Brad. Her breath hadn't hitched, her body hadn't froze and she hadn't tried to move away.

They pull away to look at each other slowly still remaining the tight hold. 'I didn't know that.. that was how you saw things in regards to Molly, wish you would have spoken to me'

'You heard what I had said?' He nods sheepishly 'It's okay, It just took some time and I had to do that myself couldn't have anyone do that for me.  But I am determined now.. not going to let him make me scared. I am going to live my life.'

Brad smiles warmly at the words his grip tightening 'I plan to help you do exactly that Lacey Keating and for as long as you need me or want me'

Lacey giggles 'I feel like I may want you for quite some time' They both realise that this was the first time she had giggled or even smiled in such a long time. Brad had nearly forgotten what it was like to be graced with her smile.

'Well your lucky, I plan to be sticking around' He nuzzles in to her neck places a soft kiss a few times before pulling back 'I love you Blue'

Her heart flutters as she feels her self begin to heal from all the wounds and scars that had broken her. Brad had done this. Only ever Brad could ever help heal her. So she smiles leans closer and says the words she feels needs to be said 'And I love you, Bear, Your my saviour' Before he could reply she is leaning forward and allowing their lips to meet in such a loving tender kiss. Its then she knew.. she was going to be okay and it was all thanks to Bradley Simpson.