Chapter 29

*third person POV*

It had been a few months since they kissed in the hospital, it had still been such a struggle, a battle Brad wasn't sure he was strong enough to keep fighting for Lacey. He was scared, scared she would always flinch whenever he tried to hug her or reach for her. She had really tried, tried so much it physically hurt to watch. She hated that she couldn't bring her self round to allowing Bradley to touch her spontaneously, she couldn't bring herself to allow him to touch her in a way he wished he could. They wasn't sure anything was ever going to change. They had thought that they would live this way forever. Luckily... they were wrong.

It had been a month ago when Lacey had said she wanted to sing again. She was ready to face the public after 9 months hiding away. She wanted to perform again. Wanted to become strong and independent like she had always been. She was finally ready to do what she needed to get better, she was in a place where she was finally able to.

It had started with an interview, The Vamps and Lacey had to do an interview to explain their absence and realise tour dates for the shows that had been cancelled when the boys and Lacey were hurt. She was scared and she was nervous, she felt Bradley slide his fingers into her hand and gently squeeze, she knew what he was saying. That was the best thing about them, they never needed to speak a word for the other to know what was being said.

Lacey is called onto stage with the four boys being quickly introduced afterwards. They slowly take a seat on the couch that was provided and sat opposite a man named Terry and a woman named Mindy. Instantly Lacey saw her staring intently at Bradley, the simmering anger begins to build which Brad had noticed and quickly holds Lacey's hand, instantly calming down.

'Hello and welcome back. As you can see we have been joined by the four amazing boys that first found fame through youtube. THE VAMPS. Okay and beside them is their opening act Lucy' Mindy opens up smiling a little to widely to be believable. As she makes the mistake with Lacey's name the boys heads snap round while Terry stares bewildered at Mindy.

'My names Lacey, not lucy' She smiles, she has to smile through the annoyance. first interview and it is already going so wrong.

'Oh my mistake. Sorry Anyway boys you've had quite a crazy adventure. So what did you do with your spontaneous time off? You must know you left so many fans disappointed' Mindy speaks again and Terry coughs looks completely uncomfortable as he stares down at what the first question was suppose to be, a simple how are they and what tour dates there were.

Brad coughs and squeezes Lacey's hand 'We didn't take any spontaneous time off. We were attacked, we had to heal and Lacey was hurt very badly in an accident. We understand fans may be disappointed with the cancellations but they are also supporting us and have understood we were unable to perform. Now can we please talk about the up coming tour'

Mindy smiles and opens her mouth to speak but Terry quickly interrupts 'So boys, it is clear you have amazing fans. Are you planning any surprises for the up coming tour?'

James is the one to answer while Brad turns to Lacey's ear and whispers a quiet almost inaudible 'I love you Blue' she looks back to him and smiles gently allowing a small blush to appear and Brad already know she would say it back if they were alone, so it doesn't hurt when she doesn't reply. He knows Lacey, knows she isn't comfortable to reveal that in front of people even if they aren't listening, she views it as an intimate and private feeling and moment although she loves to hear Brad say it all the time through out the day.

They hadn't noticed that the boys had been answering a few questions regarding the tour while they simply stared at each other until Lacey was addressed making her head snap back round. The question makes her tense and her eyes widen as her grip on Bradley's hand becomes painful.