Chapter 12: The past comes back

Jake's POV

                "Madison?" I ask still in disbelief.

                "Yes Jake it's me." she smiles.

                "What the hell is she doing here?" JP asks.

                "I'm here to see Jake, what else?" Madison walks towards me.

                "Stay away from me." I say. She stops walking and tilts her head.

                "Aww Jakey still can't admit you want me back?" Madison asks.

                "He doesn't want you! He has me!" Amanda says from behind me.

                "I'm surprised you have the guts to talk after what happened to you last night." the guy says. I narrow my eyes. How did they know about what happened last night…unless. My eyes go wide as realization hits me.

                "You are the ones who hurt Amanda?" I ask shocked.

                "Look your man isn't as dumb as he looks." the guy says.

                "Why?" I ask.

                "Because Jakey you belong with me not her." Madison replies.

                "So you beat up the love of my life who by the way just happens to be carrying my child!? " I feel myself getting really angry. How dare she try to take Amanda away from me, after everything Amanda and I have been through.

                "She can abort."  the guy says.

                "Okay, seriously who the fuck are you!?" Joey asks.

                "You guys really don't remember me?" the guy asks.

                "I would think if we remembered you we would have used your name by now." Kevin says.

                "That's bobby." Amanda whispers causing my eyes to go wide again. That's bobby!?

I look the guy over from the last time I saw him. He got a few inches taller and dyed his hair blonde instead his usual brown hair. He still had that stupid face that I hated so much. How could I not recognize him!? I mentally slap myself as Bobby smirks.

                "Madison why are you with Bobby?" I ask.

                "You both have something that both of us want." Madison answers.

                "I'm not getting back with you and Bobby you aren’t getting Amanda." I firmly say.

                "Then I'll just take her by force." Bobby says walking towards us. I prepare myself to fight. But before Bobby can even throw a punch we hear,

                "OH MY GOD IT'S JAKE MILLER!" A bunch of screaming girls run over and I give Joey and the rest of the crew a look and we all run out of the chaos leaving Madison and Bobby behind. We run back to the tour bus and get on board and quickly drive off.  I sit down on the couch and pull a now shaking Amanda onto my lap.

                "Babe, stop shaking it's alright they are gone." I say. When she doesn't stop shaking I get worried.

                "Babe, seriously calm down. It's okay." I say. She shakes her head.

                "Why is it not okay?" I search her face for answers and all I get is brown eyes full of fear.

                "Amanda, I'm not gonna let them hurt you again. I promise." she starts crying. I wrap my arms tighter around her and hold her tightly as her tears fall. In a way I'm relieved that I now know who hurt my girlfriend, but at the same time I'm scared that Madison would even do something like this. She's not the same, I guess us breaking up kinda threw her off the deep end. I decide to let Amanda just cry it out because honestly there was nothing I could say or do at this point to make the pain go away. They had her spooked. She was scared to death of them, though I don't blame her. They jumped her and beat the crap out of her. The more I thought about it the angrier I got. I then notice Amanda has stopped crying and her breathing has evened out.

                "Babe?" I question. When she doesn't respond, I assume she must have fallen asleep. I carefully move her so I can carry her and stand up. I walk to the back room and gently lay her down on my bunk and cover her up. I kiss her forehead and head back to the front. I sigh and sit back down on the couch where Kevin and Scooter join me.

                "She alright?" Scooter asks.

                "I honestly don't know." I rub my hands over my face.

                "Why would Madison do that to her?" Kevin asks.

                "She's jealous." I conclude.

                "I get that she's jealous, but she went to a lot of trouble to try to get you back Jake." Kevin says.

                "Yeah." I sigh.

                "Guess we gotta watch our backs now for two crazy exes." Scooter says.

                "Yep." I nod.

Kevin turns on the TV and we watch a random show, but I can't focus on the TV. I'm too worried about Amanda. All this stress is bad for the baby and her.

                "Where's our next stop?" I ask.

                " Phoenix Arizona." Scooter says checking his phone.

                "Okay." I say.

                "Why?" Kevin asks.

                "Because while we are there we have to keep an eye out for Bobby and Madison." I say.

                "You want me to beef up security?" Scooter asks.

                "Yes, thank you." I reply. I wasn't going to let them hurt her. Over my dead body. And I meant it.