Chapter 44- Torn between Thoughts

Hello lovely peeps. Enjoy this chapter! I don't really have anything to say right now, so you're lucky. XD

~

Your POV 

I landed on the nearby street from the park. As I felt my feet land on the ground, it seems like my feelings went with it. I feel much burden on my feet, like I can't walk. My legs felt jelly, my emotions battling each other inside. I don't really have a clue what to do anymore.

Now that I found out that my father was the real mastermind in all of this and was a murderer didn't help me at all. It just made me weaker. 

The thought of my room located in our manor came into mind. I huffed as I carried my feet in every step. My suit felt a little heavy.

The soft, comfortable feel of the bed was what I thought of right now. How I wished to take this heavy iron suit and crawl in my covers. At least there I get to think straight, relax, and drift off to sleep, escaping reality while the sound of the air conditioner being the only thing heard.

I trudged down the pavements of each street, as I muster out the energy to look up. I've been looking down on the cement for a moment now, and I felt my eyes go blurry. No, I'm not gonna cry. I don't have any reason to cry. You need to toughen up, (y/n). My sister's voice from my memory echoed in my head. 

"Where in the city am I?" My voice found its way again out of my mouth. I'm in a deep thought so maybe I haven't noticed that I'm walking the wrong way. The surroundings felt a little odd. Maybe I've landed on the other side of the city. Oops. 

But the sight of green trees and those familiar fences that binds the whole area came in to view when I walked a little more, so I was proven otherwise. I'm going in the right way fortunately, but I'm just too engrossed on what's happening in my mind that I myself didn't notice the whole way. 

I headed straight for the park, for the cool breeze that swayed the leaves of every tree managed to soothe my feelings out. I went inside the gates that were connected to the fences. The park was empty, since it's almost sun down and everyone was probably readying their dinners. The fountain on the center of the park was still on, the sound of the water pouring was soothing as well. 

I walked towards to one of the benches. It faced the whole park, some houses were at the background. The trees fit the view, the fountain was in sight; it was a pleasant thing to see. It had managed to slightly calm me down, the events that happened earlier fading slowly. Though I know it would return. It may bug me for life.

My eyes were a little itchy and my throat was feeling heavy. Maybe it was because I've kept the tears that wanted to be free from my eyes, trying really hard to be brave, confident...

But we know those won't work anymore. I've kept every drop that had wanted to fall; I don't know if I could hold on to it any longer.

Suddenly, Hiro's face appeared in my thoughts. My face fell, my eyes widened. It had dawned on me that I was the coward now, for I have ran away from the trouble because of fear, other than to face it with my friends. Then the thoughts of my father's lies faded. It switched to the thought of my friends being in trouble themselves. They would be in danger right now at the hands of my father. Who knows what happened to them in that island!

I felt really sick in the stomach. I was so selfish, I didn't think straight like my father, and it just pushed me more to the fact that we're absolutely related. I left my friends with plenty of ninjas, I left them without any word. They were only seven, while the enemy was hundreds. They couldn't defeat them on their own now.