Chapter 50.2 - New Paris

The afternoon (y/n)'s family reached New Paris' National Airport, (y/n) couldn't even look up to where they were heading. It was familiar to her so she felt like she didn't need to be sure of her directions. Besides, she has her mom and sister beside her.

If she were to describe what she was feeling right now, she would say that she's feeble. She was unsure if this was really for the best, if the giving up on seeing her friends and boyfriend and leaving them for good would cause her a greater result.

The feeling of doubt and regret filled her once again, making her weaker and depressed even more.

The yellow taxi pulled in front of their mansion's tall gates, similar to the gates they have in San Fransokyo, but only cleaner. The driver helped them with their luggages before driving away, leaving them with uncomfortable silence.

"Did they know we're here?" Her sister, (S/s/n), cut the silence with her question. Their mother's soft glance greeted the elder sibling. "I already called. They said that they'll be expecting us,"

Right on cue, the front gates opened, whereas a guard stood beside, giving them a warm, welcoming smile. The lights were not opened, for the afternoon blaze of the sun was enough to brighten the property.

"Right about now." Their mother let out a small chuckle, before gripping her trolley's handle. She dragged it with her inside, (S/s/n) and (y/n) trailing behind. The younger sibling kept her mouth shut, her eyes still glued on the floor.

"We heard what happened," The head of the maids, Toriel, said with her faint french accent. Her light blonde hair was tied in a bun, and she was wearing their signature outfit.

Mrs. (L/n) just gave the maid a sympathetic smile, as her gaze shifted towards her youngest daughter. The girl was still looking on the floor, emotionless, while gripping on her own trolley's handle. The woman did nothing but sigh. She understood what her daughter had been through. Fighting your own father, knowing that everything you know was all a lie.

Although the part where you have to leave people you love without any goodbyes- that she did not understand.

"Girls, why don't you go inside and settle things up?" Their mother suggested, giving them a soft smile.

(Y/n)'s sister grinned, grabbing her trolley's handle with her left hand, while her right hand grabbed her sister's left hand. She dragged the poor girl inside, the feeling of nostalgia hitting (y/n) like a train. This was the place where all of those horrible memories happened, memories that she wished she didn't remember now.

This time, the (hair color) haired girl's empty (eye color) eyes drifted away from the floor to the view of their foyer, taking everything in. She inhaled deeply, sighing after. Everything was still the same, all of it placed right where they left it. The inside of their house was a bigger than the house in San Fransokyo, plus spotless and not damaged to compare it completely.

After a few moments, her eyes glued back on the carpeted floor. (Y/n) grabbed her trolley, then started to walk away from her sister. "I'll be heading up," Her weak voice erupted, finally letting it out after the hours they traveled.

Her sister smiled, "Of course, go-"

(Y/n) didn't finish her sister's words. The young girl was already upstairs before the sentence was done. She didn't need her sister's reply anyway, she was heading up in either way.

(S/s/n) sighed. "-ahead,"

Meanwhile, upstairs, (y/n) was greeted by familiar rooms she once wandered in when she was little. The cream colored walls looked so neat, back then they were just white. The doors were newly painted, for starters, but the (f/c) door that was decorated with (favorite designs) and stickers she stuck on before remained the same. It made her wonder how the painters managed to avoid the stickers and designs and such.